Carrie Fisher was an incredibly popular actress from Hollywood who was best-known for her role of Princess Leia Organa in the Star Wars movie franchise.
Carrie Fisher was also a talented comedian who was awarded several times. Carrie Fisher was also an accomplished writer whose semi-autobiographical plays were adapted to novels and screenplays that also won Carrie Fisher several awards. Carrie Fisher belonged to a family of artists and although she struggled with her education Carrie Fisher soon became a renowned singer on Broadway. Even after her demise Carrie Fisher remains one of the most talented actresses from the Hollywood movie industry.
About Carrie Fisher
|Real Name||Carrie Frances Fisher|
|Date of Birth||21st October 1956|
|Place of Birth||Burbank (California)|
|Height||5 ft 1"
(155 cm) approximately
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Net Worth||INR 178,00,00,000
(USD 25 Million)
|Famous for||MOVIES -
Shampoo (1975), Star Wars (1977), Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980), Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (1983), Hollywood Vice Squad (1986), The Time Guardian (1987), Appointment with Death (1988), When Harry Met Sally (1989), Sweet Revenge (1990), Soapdish (1991), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001), Wonderland (2003), Cougar Club (2007), The Women (2008), Sorority Row (2009), Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
Debbie Reynolds and the Sound of Children (1969), Come Back Little Sheba (1977), Ringo (1978), Star Wars Holiday Special (1978), Frankenstein (1984), Liberty (1986), Present Tense, Past Perfect (1995), Sex and the City - "Sex and Another City" (2000), Smallville - "Thirst" (2005), Family Guy (2005-2017), 30 Rock - "Rosemary's Baby" (2007), It's Christmas, Carol! (2012), The Big Bang Theory - "The Convention Conundrum" (2014), Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce (2014-2016), Catastrophe (2015-2017)
|First Movie||Shampoo (1975)|
|Favorite Actors||Richard Dreyfuss and Stephen Fry|
|Favorite Actresses||Marilyn Monroe and Katherine Hepburn|
|Hobbies||Loved acting and writing|
Carrie Fisher became globally popular as Princess Leia Organa, from the Star Wars movie franchise despite it being only her 2nd movie role in Hollywood. Carrie Fisher soon established herself as a talented actress in not only Hollywood but also in the American television industry. Carrie Fisher appeared in several super hit Hollywood movies and has portrayed several popular characters on the small screen too. Although Carrie Fisher met a sudden demise while on a flight to London, Carrie Fisher’s legacy remains strong as one of the most talented actresses that Hollywood has seen.
Carrie Fisher’s age at the time of her demise was around 60 years, as Carrie Fisher was born on the 21st of October, 1956 in Burbank, California and Carrie Fisher’s death occurred on 23rd December 2016. Carrie Fisher’s height was around 5 ft 1 inches (155 cm) while Carrie Fisher’s weight was around 65 kg (143 lbs). Carrie Fisher’s hobbies included writing screenplays and novels while Carrie Fisher’s passion was acting.
Carrie Fisher’s father was Eddie Fisher, a renowned American actor and singer of his time. Carrie Fisher’s mother was Debbie Reynolds, the popular American actress and singer who later became a businesswoman and a film historian too. Carrie Fisher’s parents divorced when Carrie Fisher was around 2 years old and hence Carrie Fisher is the only child to her parents. Carrie Fisher was in several relationships with co-stars and artists before her marriage. Carrie Fisher’s ex-husband was Paul Simon, popular American singer, actor and songwriter with whom she was married to from August of 1983 to July of 1984. Although Carrie Fisher and her ex-husband Paul Simon did not have any children Carrie Fisher’s daughter is Billie Catherine Lourd, who was born of Carrie Fisher’s relationship with her boyfriend, Bryan Lourd, who was a popular Hollywood talent agent.
Talking about Carrie Fisher’s commercial success as an actress and writers, Carrie Fisher’s net worth at the time of her demise was around INR 178 crores (USD 25 Million).
Carrie Fisher’s award wins include winning:
- BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for ‘Postcards from the Edge’ (1991)
- Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for ‘The Princess Diarist’ (2018) – posthumously
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Fantasy Actress for her role in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi” (2018) – posthumously
Apart from having won these prestigious awards Carrie Fisher had also had over 10 award nominations to her credit too.
Interesting Facts About Carrie Fisher
- Carrie Fisher became legendary for playing the role of Princess Leia Organa in Star Wars’ first and the last movie too.
- Carrie Fisher’s stage debut was in 1975, at the age of 19 years when she starred in “Irene” the musical which also starred her mother, Debbie Reynolds.
- Carrie Fisher’s education always suffered due to her commitments to the theater and despite having enrolled at the Central School of Speech and Drama (London) she had to drop out after a little while.
- Carrie Fisher suffered from bipolar disorder and went to rehabilitation for help with drug abuse in the last years of her life.
- Carrie Fisher confessed that she and her Star Wars actor Harrison Ford had a brief 3-month long affair when filming for the first movie in 1976.