Tanushree Dutta is a renowned Bollywood film actress who worked mainly in the 2000s.
Prior to gaining popularity as an actress in the Indian film industry, Tanushree Dutta was the winner of the 2004 Femina Miss India Universe beauty pageant. The same year, Tanushree Dutta was selected to represent India at the 2004 Miss Universe and even ranked amongst the top 10 finalists.
Although she has taken a break from movies, Tanushree Dutta is still recalled for her role not only in the Bollywood Hindi movies, but also for her roles in the Tamil and Telugu movies, in her short movie career.
About Tanushree Dutta
|Real Name||Tanushree Dutta|
|Date of Birth||19th March 1984|
|Age (as of October 2018)||34 years|
|Place of Birth||Jamshedpur|
|Height||5 ft 5"
(168 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Family & Relationships
(ex-employee of LIC)
|Net Worth||INR 5,00,00,000
|Famous for||Aashiq Banaya Aapne, Veerabhadra, Chocolate: Deep Dark Secrets (2005), Bhagam Bhag (2006), Raqeeb: Rivals In Love, Dhol, Risk, Good Boy Bad Boy, Speed (2007), Saas Bahu Aur Sensex (2008), Ramaa: The Saviour (2009), Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai, Rokkk, Apartment (2010)|
|First Movie||Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005)|
|Salary (per film)||INR 1,00,00,000
|Favorite Food||Bengali fish curry and mangoes|
|Favorite Actresses||Meena Kumari, Aishwarya Rai, Madhuri Dixit and Sushmita Sen|
|Hobby||Singing and dancing|
Besides one having been a popular actress in Bollywood, Tamil, Telugu and Marathi film industries Tanushree Dutta is also remembered to have won the 2004 Femina Miss India Universe title and ranking 8th at the finals of the 2004 Miss Universe beauty pageant.
Tanushree Dutta’s age is 34 years as Tanushree Dutta was born on the 19th of March, 1984 in Jamshedpur, Bihar. Tanushree Dutta’s height is around 5 ft 6 inches (168 cm) while Tanushree Dutta’s weight is around 65 kg (143 lbs). In her spare time, Tanushree Dutta loves to dance and sing, as part of her hobbies.
Tanushree Dutta’s father is Tapan Dutta, an ex-employee of the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), while Tanushree Dutta’s mother is Shikha Dutta. Although Tanushree Dutta does not have any brothers, Tanushree Dutta’s younger sister is, Ishita Dutta, an actress. Earlier, Tanushree Dutta’s boyfriend was popular film producer, Aditya Dutt however Tanushree Dutta is currently single.
Talking about her success as an actress, Tanushree Dutta’s salary per film was around INR 1 crore (USD 135,000) which brings Tanushree Dutta’s net worth to around INR 5 crores (USD 678,000).
In her short career of barely 5 years Tanushree Dutta did not manage to win an award or honor.
Interesting Facts About Tanushree Dutta
- Although it is not known whether Tanushree Dutta smokes but it is known that Tanushree Dutta does drink alcohol.
- Tanushree Dutta decided to quit studies when she was pursuing her first year in Bachelor of Commerce, as she wanted to focus on her modeling career.
- After winning the 2004 Femina Miss India Universe pageant, Tanushree Dutta’s first appearance was in a pop video song ‘Saiyan Dil Me Aana Re’, by Harry Anand.
- Tanushree Dutta, although ranking 8th in the finals of the 2004 Miss Universe pageant, beat Israeli supermodel and Hollywood actress, Gal Gadot, as the latter failed to rank even in the top-15 list.
- After her home-production ‘Apartment’ (2010) failed to perform at the box-office, Tanushree Dutta took a sabbatical from acting and went to the US to take part in a short movie-making course from the New York Academy, however it was during this time that she realized that movies were not her calling.
- In late 2018, Tanushree Dutta made headlines when she alleged that veteran actor, Nana Patekar, had misbehaved with her on the sets of ‘Horn OK Pleasss’ (2008), which split the movie industry into two factions.