Vin Diesel is one of the top action stars in the Hollywood film industry, who is most renowned for his adrenaline-loving tough-guy characters in the movies. Vin Diesel has won several acting awards and has had award nominations to his credit as well.
Apart from being recognized as a talented actor, Vin Diesel is also a screenwriter, film director and movie producer, besides being popular for his distinct Voice Over acts in several super hit Hollywood productions.
Vin Diesel is most recognized for his roles in the ‘XXX’ movie series, ‘The Fast and Furious’ movie series and the’ Chronicles of Riddick’ movies, which he also co-produces through his own production company, the One Race Productions. Apart from movie production house, Vin Diesel is also the owner of the record label ‘Racetrack Records’.
About Vin Diesel
|Real Name||Mark Sinclair|
|Date of Birth||18th July 1967|
|Age (as of November 2018)||51 years|
|Place of Birth||Alameda County (California)|
|Education||Graduated from Hunter College (New York City)|
|Height||5 ft 11"|
(182 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Step-Father||Irving H Vincent|
(Theater Manager/Acting Instructor)
|Mother||Delora Sherleen (Sinclair)|
|Brother||Paul Vincent (Twin)|
|Sister||Samantha Vincent (Younger)|
|Profession||Actor/Film Producer/Film Director/Screenwriter/Voice Over Artist|
|Net Worth||INR 1467,00,00,000|
(USD 200 Million)
|Famous for||Saving Private Ryan (1998), Pitch Black (2000), The Fast and Furious (2001), xXx (2002), The Chronicles of Riddick (2004), The Pacifier (2005), Find Me Guilty (2006), Babylon A.D. (2008), Fast Five (2006), Fast & Furious-6 (2013), Furious-7, The Last Witch Hunter (2015), Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk (2016), xXx: Return of Xander Cage, The Fate of the Furious (2017)|
|First Movie||Saving Private Ryan|
|Favorite Actors||Marlon Brando, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone|
|Hobbies||Extreme sports and playing video games|
Vin Diesel is one of the most recognized action stars from the Hollywood film industry and is also a renowned producer as well. Vin Diesel is easy to recognize with his deep, gravel tone of voice, which he has lent to popular characters, including The Iron Giant and Groot from the Guardians of the Galaxy movie series.
Vin Diesel’s age is around 51 years as Vin Diesel was born on the 18th of July, 1967, Alameda County, California. Vin Diesel’s height is around 5 ft 11 inches (182 cm) while Vin Diesel’s weight is around 75 kg (175 lbs). In his spare time, Vin Diesel loves to take part in extreme sports, including snowboarding, as well as playing video games, as part of his hobbies.
Vin Diesel’s step-father is Irving H Vincent, a professional acting instructor and theater manager, while Vin Diesel’s mother is psychologist and astrologer, Delora Sherleen (Sinclair). Vin Diesel’s twin brother is Paul Vincent, a film editor, while Vin Diesel’s younger sister is Samantha Vincent. Earlier, Vin Diesel’s ex-girlfriend included his co-star and popular Hollywood action movie actress, Michelle Rodriguez. However, Vin Diesel’s wife is Mexican model Paloma Jimenez, with whom he has 3 children. Vin Diesel and Paloma Jimenez’s children include daughters Hania Riley and Pauline Sinclair, while Vin Diesel’s son is named Vincent Sinclair.
Thanks to his immense success as an actor, film director and movie producer in Hollywood, currently Vin Diesel’s net worth is estimated to be around INR 1467 crores (USD 200 Million).
Talking about his success as an actor, producer and director in the Hollywood movie industry, Vin Diesel has received numerous awards and had several award nominations to his credit too.
Vin Diesel’s award-wins include sharing the Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Cast for the movie ‘Saving Private Ryan’ (1999) and the MTV Movie Awards’ Best On-Screen Team (shared with co-star Paul Walker) as well as the MTV Movie Awards’ Best On-Screen Team awards again (shared with co-star Paul Walker) for his role in ‘The Fast and the Furious’ (2002).
Vin Diesel won the CinemaCon Award for Action Star of the Year for his performance in ‘Fast Five’ (2011), the Teen Choice Awards’ Choice Movie Actor: Action award, the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Movie and the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Action Movie award for his impressive acting in ‘Furious-7’ (2016).
Besides having won these prestigious awards, Vin Diesel has also had around 20 award nominations to his credit as well.
Interesting Facts About Vin Diesel
- Although Vin Diesel does not smoke he does drink alcohol.
- Prior to entering Hollywood as an actor, director and film producer, Vin Diesel worked as a bouncer at popular night-clubs, including Mars and Tunnel (now closed) in New York besides having been a light bulb salesman and a telemarketer.
- Vin Diesel confesses to being a huge fan of ‘Dungeons and Dragons’ and told he has played the game for over 24 years now.
- Apart from owning a movie production company, Vin Diesel is also the owner of a music record label as well.
- Vin Diesel had no plans to being an actor but when he was caught at the age of 7 years, by the drama teacher at a school Vin Diesel and his friends planned to vandalize, they were all offered an alternative to being reported to the police. The teacher convinced Vin Diesel and his friends to accept a part in the school play, promise to attend the recital every day after school and were also paid around USD 20 each.
- As a teenager, Vin Diesel also performed breakdancing for an instructional health video and appeared in several music videos of his cousin and popular rap artist, Kwame.
- Vin Diesel was honored with a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in August of 2013.