Kajol is an extremely popular and talented actress who is renowned for her roles in the Bollywood film industry.
Renowned for playing dramatic and romantic roles, Kajol has also proven her worth by winning the most Best Actress Awards from the Filmfare Award event, as did her aunt, popular actress Nutan.
Apart from being recognized as a talented actress from Bollywood, Kajol is also renowned for her immense social work where she is vocal and active with uplifting of widows and children in impoverished areas.
|Real Name||Kajol Mukherjee Devgn|
|Date of Birth||5th August 1974|
|Age (as of September 2018)||44 years|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai|
|Height||5 ft 3"
(161 cm) approximately
Family & Relationships
|Father||Late Shomu Mukherjee
|Net Worth||INR 129,00,00,000
(USD 18 Million)
|Famous for||Baazigar (1993), Yeh Dillagi (1994), Karan Arjun, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaenge (1995), Gupt: The Hidden Truth, Ishq (1997), Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya, Dushman, Pyar Toh Hona Hi Tha, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Hum Apke Dil Me Rehte Hain (1999), Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi, Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), Fanaa, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006), U Me Aur Hum (2008), My Name Is Khan (2010), Dilwale (2015)|
|First Movie||Bekhudi (1992)|
(USD 1.6 Million)
|Favorite Food||Spaghetti Salad with Olives, Pizza and French fries|
|Favorite Actors||Ajay Devgn and Shahrukh Khan|
|Hobbies||Reading books and knitting|
Kajol is undoubtedly one of the most talented actresses of our age. Thanks to her dusky looks and hazel eyes, Kajol has won the hearts of millions of fans not only in India but also all over the world.
Kajol’s age is 44 years as Kajol was born 5th of August, 1974, in Mumbai. Kajol’s height is 5 ft 3 inches (161 cm) while Kajol’s weight is around 57 kg (126 lbs). In her spare time, Kajol loves to read books or knit, as part of her hobbies.
Kajol’s father was the popular filmmaker, Shomu Mukherjee while Kajol’s mother was the popular actress, ‘Tanuja’ Samarth. Although Kajol does not have any brothers, Kajol’s younger sister is actress Tanishaa Mukherjee. Kajol’s husband is popular Bollywood actor, Ajay Devgn, whom she is married to since February of 1999. Kajol and Ajay Devgn have two lovely children – daughter Nysa and son Yug.
Thanks to her immense popularity as an actress Kajol’s salary per film is around INR 12 crores (USD 1.6 Million). Combining this with her numerous brand endorsement deals, Kajol’s net worth is estimated to be around INR 129 crores (USD 18 Million).
Talking about her success as a talented actress, Kajol has been awarded several times and has also been nominated numerous times for prestigious acting awards and other honors.
Kajol was conferred India’s 4th-highest civilian award, the Padma Shri award, by the Government of India in 2011, for her immense contribution to the field of Indian cinema.
The list of Kajol’s award-wins include winning the Filmfare Best Actress Award for ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaenge’ (1996), the Filmfare Best Villain Award for her role in ‘Gupt: The Hidden Truth’ (1998), the Filmfare Best Actress Award for ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ (1999), the Filmfare Best Actress Award for ‘Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham’ (2002), the Filmfare Best Actress Award for ‘Fanaa’ (2007), and the Filmfare Best Actress Award for her performance in ‘My Name Is Khan’ (2011). Apart from these wins, Kajol has also had 6 Filmfare Award nominations as well.
Kajol has also won the Star Screen Award for Best Actress for her role in ‘Dushman’ (1999), the Star Screen Award for Best Actress and the Star Screen Awards’ Jodi No. 1 award (shared with Shahrukh Khan) for her impressive chemistry in ‘Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham’ (2002), the Star Screen Awards’ Best Jodi of the Decade award with Shahrukh Khan in 2010 and the Star Screen Awards’ Jodi No. 1 award (shared with Shahrukh Khan) for her role in ‘Dilwale’ (2016). Besides winning these, Kajol has also had 10 Star Screen Award nominations for her impressive acting.
Kajol also won the Zee Cine Awards’ Best Actor in a Negative Role award for her impressive anti-protagonist performance in ‘Gupt: The Hidden Truth’ (1998), the Zee Cine Awards’ Best Actor – Female award for ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ (1999), the Zee Cine Outstanding Performance – Female award ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham’ (2002) and the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor – Female for ‘Fanaa’ (2007). Kajol has also had 8 Zee Cine Awards nominations in her career as well.
Kajol is also the winner of the Bollywood Movie Awards’ Best Actress award for her role in ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ (1999) and the Bollywood Movie Awards’ Best Actress award for ‘Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham’ (2002).
Kajol won the Sansui Viewers’ Choice Awards’ Best Actress award for her role in ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ (1999) and the Sansui Viewers’ Choice Awards’ Best Actress award for ‘Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham’ (2002).
Kajol has also won the Stardust Star of the Year Award – Female award for her impressive performance in ‘My Name Is Khan’ (2011). Besides winning this, Kajol has also had 2 Stardust Award nominations as well.
Interesting Facts About Kajol
- Kajol is a teetotaler and does not smoke nor does she drink alcohol.
- Although Kajol can speak fluent Marathi, she struggles to speak Bengali.
- Kajol entered into acting when she was only 16 years old, studying in school.
- Kajol was not initially attracted to her future boyfriend and current husband, actor Ajay Devgn, on the sets of their first movie ‘Gundaraj’ (1995), however the duo were not attracted at first but 15 days later were falling in love.
- Kajol is the only other actress, apart from her aunt, popular veteran actress Nutan, who holds the record for the most Filmfare Awards for Best Actress (5 times).
- Kajol is related to popular actress Rani Mukherjee, Mohnish Bahl, Sharbani Mukherji and Raj Mukherji, as they are all cousins.
- Kajol confessed that she would have been a psychologist, if not for an actress in Bollywood.
- Kajol deservedly became the first actress to receive the Filmfare Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for ‘Gupt: The Hidden Truth’ (1997) which she considers the toughest role in her entire career.
- Kajol is an active social worker who works to uplift widows and children, and has been honored with the Karamveer Puraskar award in 2008.
- Kajol confesses that she is not good at cooking at all.
- Kajol’s most popular movie ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaenge’ (1995), holds the record for over 1000 weeks’ continuous screening in ‘Maratha Mandir’ a single-screen cinema in Mumbai.