Kirron Kher is a renowned actress in the Indian film industry and the theater industry as well. Kirron Kher is popular for her supporting roles, usually as an important matriarch figure in Indian movies.
Kirron Kher is not only an award-winning actress but is also renowned for her numerous appearances on popular TV shows as a judge or as the host of talk shows.
Apart from being a talented actress Kirron Kher is also an active politician belonging to the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) on whose ticket she was elected to Lok Sabha (Lower House) of the Indian Parliament from Chandigarh, in 2014.
About Kirron Kher
|Real Name||Kirron Anupam Kher|
|Nickname||Kiron and Kiran|
|Date of Birth||14th June 1955|
|Age (as of October 2018)||63 years|
|Place of Birth||Chandigarh (Punjab)|
|Education||Graduate in Theater Drama from Punjab University (Chandigarh)|
|Height||5 ft 5"
(165 cm) approximately
Family & Relationships
|Father||Thakar Singh Sandhu|
|Net Worth||INR 32,00,00,000
(USD 4.3 Million)
|Famous for||Aasra Pyaar Da (1983), Pestonjee (1988), Sardari Begum (1996), Darmiyaan: In Between (1997), Bariwali/The Lady Of The House (1999), Devdas (2002), Khamosh Pani, Hum Tum, Veer-Zaara, Main Hoon Na (2004), Mangal Pandey: The Rising (2005), Rang De Basanti, Fanaa, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006), Just Married, Apne, Om Shanti Om (2007), Singh Is Kingg, Dostana (2008), Kambakkht Ishq, Kurbaan (2009), Milenge Milenge, Action Replayy (2010), Ajab Ghazab Love (2012), Total Siyapaa Khoobsurat, Punjab 1984 (2014)|
|First Movie||FILM - (Punjabi)
Aasra Pyaar Da (1983)
Isi Bahane (1988)
|Favorite Food||Punjabi cuisine and samosa|
|Favorite Actors||Anupam Kher and Sunit Dutt|
|Favorite Actress||Nargis Dutt|
|Hobby||Reading about horoscope and collecting jewelry|
Kirron Kher is a truly talented actress and has appeared in several memorable side roles in numerous super hit and critically-acclaimed movies. Kirron Kher has showcased her excellent acting skills in different movie and TV genres, including drama and comedy.
Kirron Kher’s age is around 63 years as Kirron Kher was born on the 14th of June, 1955 in Chandigarh. Kirron Kher’s height is around 5 ft 5 inches (165 cm) while Kirron Kher’s weight is around 68 kg (150 lbs). In her spare time, Kirron Kher loves to learn about horoscopes and collect jewelry as part of her hobbies.
Kirron Kher’s father was late Thakar Singh Sandhu, while Kirron Kher’s mother was Diljit Kaur. Kirron Kher’s brother is the popular artist, Amardeep Singh. Kirron Kher has two sisters, award-wining ex-Indian badminton player, Kanwal Thakar Singh and Sharanjit Kaur Sandhu. Earlier Kirron Kher was married to businessman, Gautam Berry. However, Kirron Kher’s husband today is veteran film actor, Anupam Kher with whom she is married to since 1985. Kirron Kher has a son, actor Sikander Kher, through her marriage to Gautam Berry.
Being a highly-talented actress on the big screen and on Indian television, Kirron Kher’s net worth today is expected to be around INR 32 crores (USD 4.3 Million).
Talking about her success as an actress Kirron Kher is the winner of the National Film Awards’ Special Jury Award for her impressive performance in ‘Sardari Begum’ (1996). Later on, Kirron Kher also won the National Film Award for Best Actress for her excellent role in the Bengali movie ‘Bariwali/The Lady Of The House’ (1999).
Apart from these, Kirron Kher is also the winner of the Lux Style Award for Best Actress for her excellent role in the critically-acclaimed Punjabi/Urdu movie ‘Khamosh Pani’ (2004).
Interesting Facts About Kirron Kher
- Kirron Kher is a teetotaler and does not smoke or drinks alcohol.
- Being a huge believer in numerology, Kirron Kher changed the spelling of her first name, from ‘Kiron’ to ‘Kirron’, with an additional ‘r’, in 2008.
- Kirron Kher struggled to find movie deals and struggled a lot in Mumbai, during the 1980s, during which period she also met her future-husband Anupam Kher.
- Kirron Kher and Anupam Kher initially appeared together in a 1985 play titled ‘Chandpur Ki Champabai’.
- Kirron Kher also appeared on popular American TV series ‘ER’ in an episode aired in October of 2004.
- Kirron Kher is a vocal social activist too and is associated with the NGO ‘Laadli’ which fights against female infanticide in the country.
- Kirron Kher joined the BJP in 2009 and was elected as MP (Member of Parliament) to Lok Sabha from Chandigarh on the party’s ticket in 2014.
- Kirron Kher has been active in passing a proposal to build a Film City in her hometown and council area of Chandigarh, which has also been approved by the Chandigarh city administration.