Sadhana remains one of the most popular yesteryear actress from the Bollywood film industry. Sadhana was regarded as one of the finest actresses in the Hindi film industry, in the 1960s and 1970s.
Apart from being a popular actress, Sadhana was also the highest-paid actress during this period. Sadhana is considered one of the stars who welcomed Bollywood’s “Golden Era” (1960s) with her graceful presence and impressive acting on-screen.
Till date, Sadhana is regarded as one of the most iconic actresses to have appeared on the Indian cinema.
|Real Name||Sadhana Shivdasani|
|Nickname||Sadhana, The Mystery Girl|
|Date of Birth||2nd September 1941|
|Date of Demise||25th December 2015|
|Age (at the time of demise)||74 years|
|Place of Birth||Karachi (present-day Pakistan)|
|Educational Qualification:||Graduate from Jai Hind College (Mumbai)|
|Height||5 ft 4"
(162 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Husband||Ram Krishna Nayyar
|Net Worth||INR 27,00,00,000
(USD 3.5 Million)
|Famous for||Love In Shimla (1960), Hum Dono (1961), Prem Patra, Man Mauji, Ek Musafir Ek Hasina (1962), Mere Mehboob (1963), Rajkumar, Dulha Dulhan (1964), Waqt, Arzoo (1965), Mera Saaya (1966), Anita (1967), Ek Phool Do Mali (1969), Ishq Par Zor Nahi (1970), Aap Aye Bahaar Ayee (1971), Dil Daulat Duniya (1972), Geeta Mera Naam, Chhote Sarkar (1974), Vandana (1975), Amaanat (1977), Mehfil (1981), Ulfat Ki Nayee Manzilein (1994)|
|First Movie||Love In Shimla (1960)|
Sadhana is still remembered as one of the most beautiful actresses to have graced the silver screen in the Hindi film industry. Although she was one of the most talented actresses of her times, Sadhana’s success remained largely commercial, with only a single award win.
Sadhana was born on the 2nd of September, 1941 in Karachi, present-day Pakistan. Sadhana’s death was on the 25th of December, 2015, when Sadhana’s age was 74 years. Sadhana’s height was around 5 ft 4 inches (162 cm) while Sadhana’s weight was around 58 kg (127 lbs).
Sadhana’s husband was popular filmmaker, R K Nayyar, whom she married in March of 1966, till his demise in 1995.
According to latest reports, at the time of her demise, Sadhana’s net worth was around INR 27 crores (USD 3.5 Million).
As she remained one of the most underrated actresses of her time, and was labeled basically as a ‘fashion icon’ Sadhana did not receive many prestigious awards.
However, Sadhana was awarded the 2002 International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Lifetime Achievement Award, besides having had 2 Filmfare Best Actress award nominations.
Interesting Facts About Sadhana
- It is not known whether Sadhana was a smoker or if she drank alcohol.
- Sadhana was named after popular actress of the time, Sadhana Bose, who was her father’s favorite actress too.
- Sadhana is the first cousin of popular yesteryear actress, Babita, as her father was the elder brother of Babita’s father.
- At only 6 years of age, Sadhana’s family had to move to India, after the Partition.
- Sadhana aspired to become an actress as she was an avid movie watcher.
- Sadhana confessed that the famed actress, Nutan, was her inspiration throughout her own acting career.
- Sadhana is part of the group of yesteryear actresses which regularly meets for lunch or other social activities, and the group includes popular legends, such as Helen, Waheeda Rehman and Asha Parekh.
- Sadhana is labeled as the original fashion icon of Bollywood and brought into trend the popular ‘Churidar Kurta’ as well as the highly popular ‘Sadhana Cut’ hairstyle.