Ajay Devgn, real name Vishal Devgan, is an acclaimed Bollywood actor, and now director and producer too. Credited with over 100 films as an actor, Ajay is listed amongst the most accomplished actors in the Indian film industry.
For his laudable acting prowess, Ajay Devgn has been awarded numerous awards, including national film awards, and honorary awards from the government.
Ajay is known for action-romance movies, especially that reigned over the box-offices in the 1990s. Ajay has also tried his acting chops in purely action thrillers, comedy and playing the anti-hero too, and was acknowledged positively by fans and critics alike.
About Ajay Devgan[table “6” not found /]
Vishal Veeru Devgan was born on 2nd of April 1969, in Delhi but later moved to Mumbai with his family, owing to their connection with the Indian film industry. Since having won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for his first movie, Phool Aur Kaante, Ajay has appeared in over 100 films till date. His long acting career has won him not only numerous movie awards, including 2 National Filmfare Awards, but also the 4th-highest civilian honor from the Government of India, the Padma Shri, in 2016. The latter was awarded to him for his long dedication to the Indian film industry.
Ajay Devgan height is average, and he stands at 5 ft 10 inches tall (around 178 cm) and Ajay Devgan weighs in at 80 kg (around 176 lbs). With black hair and black eyes, combined with his complexion, he is the epitome of a dashing Indian male. Ajay Devgn hobbies include sketching, and whenever he can, he loves to go trekking.
Ajay Devgan is married to a popular Indian actress, Kajol (Kajol Mukherjee), and the lovely couple has two loving kids – Nysa (Daughter) and Yug (Son). Ajay Devgan’s father, Veeru Devgan, is an acclaimed action film director and a stunt choreographer in Bollywood. Ajay Devgan’s mother is Veena Devgan, a popular film producer in Bollywood.
Thanks to his immense number of movies, Ajay Devgan’s annual income stands at around 32 crores for 2018, which brings Ajay Devgan net worth to around INR 227 crores.
Interesting Facts About Ajay Devgan
- Ajay Devgan is an occasional drinker and a habituated smoker.
- Ajay Devgan belongs to a Punjabi family with his native being Amritsar, Punjab.
- Before his debut in Phool Aur Kaante, Ajay Devgan was a child actor in “Pyari Behna” (1985), where he played the childhood version of its main character, Mithoon Chakraborty.
- Ajay Devgan was an avid car driver at the age of 10, as his father allowed him to drive cars around the sets.
- Although born Vishal Devgan, Ajay changed his name to “Ajay Devgan” for his movies, and later altered his second name to ‘Devgn’, citing family and numerological reasons.
- His debut in Phool Aur Kaante was most loved for the entry stunt which Ajay Devgn did, riding on two motorcycles simultaneously. He later on copied more complex versions of this same stunt to make his entries in other films.
- His intensely sarcastic acting in Ishq (1997) made Ajay Devgn a star and earned him even larger fan base.
- Although Ajay Devgan first met Kajol on the sets of the film, Hulchul, the duo started dating during the shoot for a later movie, Gundaraaj.
- Ajay Devgan married Kajol on 24th February 1999.
- Ajay Devgan loves cars and this is seen clearly in his impressive car collection, which includes each one of Mercedes Z Class, Masserati, Toyota Celica, Ferrari and Range Rover.