Akshay Kumar, born Rajiv Bhatia, is a well-known Bollywood actor and one of the top Indian celebrities. Apart from being a professional actor, Akshay Kumar is also an established martial artist, TV personality and producer. The tens of thousands of his fans are crazy for the fact that ‘AK’, as he is lovingly known, does all his own action stunts in his movies.
Akshay Kumar has been an integral part of the Indian film industry for more than 25 years now. In this long career, Akshay has starred in over 100 movies, and has also won several acclaimed awards for his versatile roles.
According to industry sources, Akshay Kumar is listed amongst the top successful Bollywood actors of recent times. Akshay Kumar is the only actor in Bollywood whose movies’ domestic collection crossed the INR 2000-crore mark (2013) and INR 3000-crore mark (2016). As Akshay loves to release several films in a year, it has made him one of the most prominent actors, on par with the three Khans of Bollywood – Amir Khan, Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan.
About Akshay Kumar
|Real Name||Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia|
|Nickname ||Raju, Akki, Mac and Khiladi Kumar|
|Date of Birth||9th September 1967|
|Age (as in July 2018)||51 years|
|Place of Birth||Amritsar|
|Education||Gurunanak Khalsa College (dropout)|
|Height||5 ft 11"|
(180 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Father||Late Hari Om Bhatia|
|Income (Annual)||INR 241,00,00,000|
(USD 35 Million)
|Famous for||Khiladi (1992), Mohra, Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994), Hera Pheri (2000), Mujhse Shaadi Karogi 2004), Garam Masala (2005), Phir Hera Pheri (2006), Namastey London, Bhul Bhulaiya (2007), Singh Is Kingg (2008), OMG-Oh My God! (2012), Rustom (2016) and Toilet-Ek Prem Katha (2017)|
|First Movie||Saugandh (1991)|
|Net Worth (2018)||INR 1015,00,00,000 (USD 150 Million )|
Likes & Dislikes
|Favorite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan and Jackie Chan|
|Favorite Actresses||Sridevi and Kareena Kapoor Khan|
|Food||Thai Chicken Green Curry, Chinese cuisine and home-made Punjabi food|
|Hobbies||Cooking, martial arts, swimming and parkour|
Akshay Kumar’ age is around 51 years now. Akshay Kumar’s height is 5 ft 11 inches (180 cm) and Akshay Kumar’s weight is about 80 kg (176 lbs). Akshay Kumar’s birthday comes on the 9th of September and he was born in 1967.
Akshay Kumar, fondly called as the Khiladi (Player) of Bollywood is definitely one of the most accomplished actors in the country. He has appeared in over 100 movies and has played versatile characters – from the anti-hero to comedy and, his favorite, the action genre. AK had a passion to become an actor and was a fitness enthusiast from an early age. After having dropped out of college, Akshay moved to Bangkok to learn martial arts and Muay Thai. It is popularly known how he struggled there to support himself by working as a waiter and then as a chef in several eateries in Bangkok.
After returning to Mumbai, Akshay began teaching martial arts. This is where one of his photographer students suggested he try out for modeling. After his initial ad-shoot, Akshay was soon signed up to appear in the movie Deedar in 1991. However, Akshay Kumar debuted opposite Rakhee in Saugandh, in the same year.
Today, even though Akshay Kumar’s age is over 50 years old, his body is still at peak fitness levels, thanks to his unique weight-less workouts. This workout has allowed Akshay Kumar to maintain a toned and slim physique and allows him to perform all his action stunts in the movies. Akshay Kumar workout routine involves combining the best aspects of kick-boxing, swimming, Parkour and playing basketball.
Akshay Kumar’s wife, Twinkle Khanna, was engaged twice to him before they finally decided to tie the knot on 17th of January, 2001. Together, the couple has two lovely children, son Aarav, and daughter Nitara.
Interesting Facts About Akshay Kumar
- Akshay Kumar is best-known for performing all his action sequences on his own, and does not use a body-double for filming stunts in his movies.
- People (India) magazine named Akshay Kumar as the “Sexiest Man Alive” in 2008.
- Akshay Kumar is a teetotaler and does not smoke.
- Although Akshay Kumar was born in Punjab, he later moved to Mumbai to pursue his passion for an acting career.
- Akshay Kumar is an accomplished martial artists and is a sixth-degree black belt in the Kuyukai Goju-Ryu karate style.
- Akshay Kumar has been honored with Japan’s highest honor, the “Katana”, in 2009.
- After his first modeling debut, Rajiv Bhatia changed his name to Akshay Kumar, it was after watching his favorite actress in a movie opposite an actor named Akshay.
- Akshay Kumar did his first modeling portfolio shot at a bungalow in Mumbai, and today he own the bungalow – Juhu Bungalow.
- It was after having missed a flight to Bangalore for an ad-shoot that he was a part of that Akshay Kumar received his first movie offered to him in the same day – for Deedar.
- “Hera Pheri” is hailed as being the revitalizing movie for his waning career in the early 2000s.