Cometan (born July 1, 1998) is a British religious leader who founded Astronism. He is an autodidact of philosophy and theology, an encyclopedist, lexicographer, and author who also created the Jesse Millette franchise, a series of mystery detective novels subtly incorporating Astronist beliefs.
Cometan founded both the Astronist religion and the Jesse Millette book franchise from age fifteen and began writing the founding text of his religious movement from age seventeen and he called the 1.25 million word long treatise the Omnidoxy. He founded Astronism after receiving an intensive series of ideas and revelations about the importance of astronomy to the future of religion and how it is humanity’s destiny to explore space to fulfil our existential purpose. He developed an original theology and philosophy as well as thousands of new words, concepts, and beliefs from these revelations which culminated in the formation of Astronism, which is also known as the religion of the stars.
Astronism is distinguished from other religions by its entirely astronomical theme and its belief in the central importance of The Cosmos in human spirituality, intellectuality, and faith; this is known as the worldview of cosmocentrism. Astronism is also characterised by its emphasis on cosmic devotion, the importance of space exploration in fulfilling the existential purpose and destiny of humanity, as well as the imperativeness of aligning with the Philosophical Spirit, a set of principles based on what it means to think and behave philosophically. As the world’s newest religious leader and one of the youngest in history, Cometan intends to disseminate Astronism globally through the use of modern marketing techniques and technologies as he remains an exponent of the commercialisation of religion which he considers to be the future of religious belief.
Childhood & Early Years
- Cometan was born Brandon Reece Taylor on July 1, 1998 in the City of Preston in the county of Lancashire in England to Sean Taylor and Louise Counsell, both of whom are of English ethnic descent. Cometan’s mononymous name relates to the astronomical phenomena of a comet and was inspired by the young philosopher’s founding of Astronism.
- Cometan has seven siblings: Lucia Richardson (b. 1989), Kieran Taylorian (b. 2007), Charlotte Sophia (b. 2007), Kent Taylorian (b. 2008), Zara Taylorian (b. 2008), Jay Taylorian (b. 2009), and Edie Taylorian (b. 2011).
- After a tumultuous relationship, Cometan’s parents separated when he was four years old, after which his grandparents stepped in to shield the boy from the realities of his mother and father’s arguments. His maternal grandmother, Irene Taylor (1932-2015), was a devout Roman Catholic and the young Cometan spent much of his youth travelling to and from different churches and Catholic organisations as his grandmother wanted him and two of his closest cousins to become priests. Posthumously, it would be speculated that Irene had become a member of the lay Catholic religious organisation, Opus Dei, due to her strong adherence to Traditionalist Catholicism and due to her connections to the Latin Mass Society. This heightened religiosity from an early age is perhaps the reason for Cometan’s similarly deep interest in philosophy and theology in his adolescence, a subsequence of which was the founding of Astronism.
- Often described as reserved and exhibiting strange behaviour in his later childhood, such as lying about events that had never occurred, Cometan remained introverted in his personality. His parents took him to numerous different hobbies after he showed an interest, but he would stay no more than two weeks at each including drama school and karate. Cometan had nothing to dedicate himself to and often resorted to activities and hobbies whereby he participated alone. The only hobby that he did stick to was his piano playing which he began when was ten years old and classic music remains one of his primary passion outside of his religion and his writing.
- The extent of the effect that Cometan’s parents’ separation had on the writer is demonstrated in his literary works, especially due to the fact that despite Jesse Millette having an almost perfect life, his parents were also divorced in the stories as the Jesse Millette character remains retrobiographical to the life of Cometan himself.
- The life of Cometan changed forever when, on his fifteenth birthday, he thought of the idea to create the Jesse Millette character which was quickly followed by his creation of The Five Millettarian Characters. Not long after this, Cometan began to receive his first revelations about the development of a philosophy to coincide with his literary works, the initial name of which was Millettism and this remains the official name of the religion today despite it now being much more widely known as Astronism.
- Not until the age of seventeen did Cometan’s philosophership truly begin to develop for it was from this age onwards that he received a series of intense revelations, or what he termed as personal inspirations, which involved many new concepts, beliefs, and words flooding his mind on a daily basis. It was during this time that Cometan’s authorship of the Omnidoxy began and became most intense which organised the thousands of ideas to culminate in the formation of Astronism.
- Cometan’s whole identity changed after becoming dedicated to the founding of Astronism and the creation of the Jesse Millette franchise. He finally had two challenging vocations to work towards the manifestation of and committed himself to them completely and utterly.
- Cometan studied business and marketing at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) from age 18 to 21 and intended to apply his knowledge gained from that degree to the context of his new religion. He invented and considered questions such as conceptual value and the commercialisation of religion and philosophy. His intention was to establish a newfound institution that would hold full and undisputed ownership over Astronism, its beliefs, and all the philosophical works of Cometan.
- In parallel to the works of philosophy, Cometan tirelessly worked on the publication of the Jesse Millette stories to become a fully-developed franchise with extensive commercial potential.
- By the age of 21, Cometan had completed The Omnidoxy which remains over 1.25 million words in total length. Not only had Cometan created a philosophy, but an entirely new understanding of what philosophy was and the role of a philosopher in the world which in turn formed the wider Millettic philosophical tradition. Afterwards, Cometan founded and established The Institution of The Philosophy of Millettism which holds sole proprietorship over all aspects of Astronism,including sole copyright to The Omnidoxy and Cometan’s other philosophical works.
- Not originally seeking to create a new religion, Cometan championed the combination of religion and philosophy for the establishment of Astronism, thus leading to Astronism becoming the first organised philosophy.
Family, Relationships, Personal Life
- Cometan was born on 1st of July 1998 in Preston, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom and is now 20 years old. He is the son of Sean Taylor (Father) and Louise Counsell (Mother) who separated when their only son was just four years old.
- Cometan was very close with his two grandmothers and his cousins after his parents’ separation and spent the majority of his weekends during his childhood at his paternal grandparents residence. His paternal grandmother was a devout Roman Catholic and extremely protective over her grandchildren, particularly Cometan and two of his other cousins, so much so that her house was later described by Cometan as cult-like.
Cometan has spoken of the fact that he remained of an “unknown identity” up until the age of fifteen when he had the idea for Jesse Millette. Up until that point, he never committed to any hobby, had few close friends, and held a generally unhappy personality.
- A famed Armenophile, Cometan held an instant affinity and curiosity towards the history and people of Armenia upon learning about the country during his formative autodidactic years. This lead to him eventually coming across a young woman named Liana Tiratsuyan whom he met in person almost one year later at Zvartnots International Airport in the capital city of Yerevan in December 2018.
- Cometan claimed love at first sight with Tiratsuyan and their week together in Yerevan was even granted the privilege of being chronicled in The Omnidoxy in the formation of that which would be known as Cometanic love which encompassed the philosophical musings of Cometan on the topic of love.
- Cometan has been graced by having seven siblings in total on both his father and mother’s side; Lucia Richardson (born June 7, 1989), Kieran Taylorian (born February 6, 2007), Charlotte Counsell (born August 20, 2007), Kent Taylorian (born July 17, 2008), Zara Taylorian (born July 17, 2008), Jay Taylorian (born September 17, 2009), and Edie Taylorian (born February27, 2011).
- Cometan has played the piano since he was 10 years old,
- Cometan founded the philosophy of Astronism from the age of 15,
- Cometan began writing the Omnidoxy at age 17,
- The Omnidoxy took Cometan 5 years to complete,
- Cometan remains one of the youngest initiated Freemasons in history as he was initiated just two months after his 18th birthday,
- The idea for Jesse Millette and Astronism came to Cometan on the day of his 15th birthday,
- He chose the mononymous name Cometan due to his religious beliefs and his fascination with comets and other cosmical phenomena,
- He became the member of The Royal Institute of Philosophy at the age of 20.
- The Omnidoxy (2019) (founding text of Astronism)
- The Monodoxy (first disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Duodoxy (second disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Tridoxy (third disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Tetradoxy (fourth disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Pentadoxy (fifth disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Hexadoxy (sixth disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Septidoxy (seventh disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Octadoxy (eighth disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Nonodoxy (ninth disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Decadoxy (tenth disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Hendecadoxy (eleventh disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Dodecadoxy (twelfth disquisition of the Omnidoxy)
- The Original Jesse Millette Series (mystery, detective fiction series)
“My faith is strongest when the night sky is clear.”
“World, do what you wish with my philosophy, but remember, it will always be mine.”
“Do what is unexpected of you.”
“The Omnidoxy will reveal my philosophy to the world, and it shall encapsulate its ideas forevermore.”
“Your faith should prove itself to you.”
“I have fallen in love with The Cosmos and all of the possibilities it does hold.”
|Birth Name||Brandon Reece Taylor|
|Professional names||Brandon Taylorian, Kometan|
|Age (As of 2019)||20 years old.|
|DOB||1st of July 1998.|
|Birthplace||Preston, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Cancer.|
|Current Residence||Preston (Lancashire, England).|
|Famous for||His sole authorship of the founding treatise of the philosophy of Astronism|
known as The Omnidoxy and for his creation of the fictional mystery detective, Jesse Millette.
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 10″.|
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 64 Kg.|
Pounds: 141 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||41-30-34.|
|Shoe Size (US)||9|
|Parents||Father: Sean Taylor (b. 1970)|
Mother: Louise Counsell (b. 1970)
Kieran Taylorian (b. 2007)
Kent Taylorian (b. 2008)
Jay Taylorian (b.2009)
Lucia Richardson (b. 1989)
Charlotte Counsell (b. 2007)
Zara Taylorian (b. 2008)
Edie Taylorian (b. 2011)
|Grandparents||Grandfather: William “Bill” Warbrick (19|
Grandmother: Hilda Warbrick.
Grandfather: Derek Taylor.
Grandmother: Irene Taylor.
Personal Life Relationship
|Marital Status||Not yet married|
|Dating History?||He is in a relationship with Liana Tiratsuyan, an Armenian university graduate and Genocide recognition advocate.|
|Girlfriend (Partner)||Cosma (Liana Tiratsuyan).|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate from the University of Central Lancashire.|
|College||Cardinal Newman College|
|Secondary School||Brownedge St Mary’s Catholic High School|
|Primary School||St Mary’s and St Benedict’s Roman Catholic Primary School|
|Alma Mater.||1. University of Central Lancashire.|
|2. Cardinal Newman College.|
|Favorite Celebrities||Philosopher: Confucius and Buddha.|
|Composer: Komitas and Claude Debussy.|
|Author: Mildred Benson.|
|Singer: Elvis Presley.|
|Favorite video game||Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End|
|Dream Holiday Destination||The Bahamas.|
|Love to do||Philosophising, Writing, Moviegoing, Reading, and Hiking.|
|Food Habits||Italian and Armenian Food.|
|Official Website||www.cometan.org and www.astronism.org|