Rahul Bose is undoubtedly one of the most talented actors in the entire Indian film industry. Rahul Bose is known to play versatile roles, especially in English movies and series, and has received numerous awards and accolades for his impressive acting talent.
Apart from being a brilliant actor, Rahul Bose is also a screenwriter, film director and a vocal social activist. Besides the Bollywood film industry, Rahul Bose is renowned for his roles in the Bengali film industry as well.
Rahul Bose has had a passion for acting, and starred in a lead role in his first stage play at the tender age of just 6 years.
About Rahul Bose
|Real Name||Rahul Bose|
|Date of Birth||27th July 1967|
|Age (as of September 2018)||51 years|
|Place of Birth||Kolkata|
|Education||Graduate from Sydenham College (Mumbai)|
|Height||5 ft 6"|
(168 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Mother||Late Kumud Bose|
|Sister||Anuradha Bose Ansari|
|Profession||Actor/Director/Screenwriter/Social Activist/Rugby Player|
|Net Worth||INR 57,00,00,000|
(USD 8 Million)
|Famous for||English, August (1994), A Mouthful Of Sky (1995), Bombay Boys (1998), Split Wide Open (1999), Everybody Says I'm Fine! (2001), Mr. & Mrs. Iyer (2002), Jhankaar Beats, Mumbai Matinee, Chameli (2003), Silsilay (2005), Pyaar Ke Side Effects (2006), Chain Kulii Ki Main Kulii (2007), Shaurya, Maan Gaye Mughal-E-Aazam, Dil Kabaddi (2008), Fired, The Japanese Wife (2010), Midnight's Children (2012), Vishwaroopam (2013), Shindhey Namar Agey (2014), Dil Dhadakne Do, Under Construction (2015), Poorna: Courage Has No Limit (2017), Vishwaroop-2 (2018)|
|First Movie||HINGLISH - |
English August (1994)
A Mouthful Of Sky (1995)
Everybody Says I'm Fine! (2001)
Likes & Dislikes
|Favorite Food||Baingan Ka Bharta, Shami Kebabs and Haagen-Daasz Belgian Chocolate Ice Cream|
|Favorite Actress||Konkana Sen Sharma|
|Hobbies||Reading and watching cricket|
Rahul Bose is one of the most versatile talented artists in the Indian film industry today. Not only is Rahul Bose an accomplished actor, film producer, director and screenwriter, he is also a semi-professional football player as well as being a boxer.
Rahul Bose’s age is over 51 years as Rahul Bose’s date of birth is 27th of July, 1967. Rahul Bose was born in Kolkata, West Bengal. Rahul Bose’s father is Rupen Bose, a marketing consultant, while Rahul Bose’s mother was the late Kumud Bose. Although Rahul Bose does not have a brother, Rahul Bose’s elder sister is Anuradha Bose Ansari. Rahul Bose is single and reportedly has no girlfriends.
Rahul Bose’s height is around 5 ft 6 inches (168 cm) while Rahul Bose’s weight is around 61 kg (134 lbs). In his spare time, Rahul Bose loves to read books, mostly biographies of famous people, or watch cricket on the TV, as his hobbies.
Thanks to his impressive acting talent Rahul Bose’s net worth is around INR 57 crores (USD 8 Million).
Rahul Bose is the winner of the 2000 Singapore International Film Festival’s Silver Screen Award for Best Asian Actor, for his role in the international super hit ‘Split Wide Open’ (1998). Apart from these, Rahul Bose has starred in several Hindi, Bengali and English movies which have garnered numerous awards, critics’s acclaim and commercial success.
Being a vocal activist for a number of causes as a social activist, Rahul Bose has been awarded with several awards and accolades till date.
Rahul Bose’s list of awards include winning the 2007 ‘Artiste For Change’ Karmaveer Puraskar Award, winning the 2008 IBN Eminent Citizen Journalist Award, the 2009 Youth Icon Award for Social Justice and Welfare. Rahul Bose has also been awarded with the 2010 Green Globe Foundation Award for Extraordinary Work by a Public Figure, the Maharana Mewar Charitable Foundation-sponsored 2012 Hakim Khan Sur Award for National Integration, as well as having been award the 2012 Lt. Governor’s Commendation Award for Services to Andaman & Nicobar Islands also.
Interesting Facts About Rahul Bose
- It is not known whether Rahul Bose is a smoker or if he drinks alcohol.
- Rahul Bose has been an ideal child as he excelled in sports, stage and academics, since a very young age.
- Rahul Bose had his first acting experience when he was the lead role in his school’s stage play of ‘Tom, The Piper’s Son’, at only six years of age.
- Rahul Bose was always encouraged to pursue fringe sports like rugby and boxing by his parents since an early age. Later on, Rahul Bose even played cricket under training of the late Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, the legendary Indian cricket player of the 1970s and 1980s.
- Rahul Bose is a semi-professional rugby player and part of the Indian National Rugby squad, having been a part of the team in the 1998 Asian Rugby Football Union Championship.
- Rahul Bose faced rejection from 18 different universities in the US after his degree, and had to settle for the Sydenham College in Mumbai.
- Before starting acting, Rahul Bose worked as a copywriter for Rediffusion, a radio and television signals distribution company.
- Rahul Bose has adopted 6 children from the Andaman & Nicobar Islands after the catastrophic Tsunami ravaged the islands, and was also responsible for raising over INR 24 crores for relied and rebuilding efforts.