Romit Raj is a popular young Indian actor who is most renowned for his roles in several popular shows in the Indian Hindi television industry.
Romit Raj initially started modeling before taking interest in his school and college stage plays. Soon, Romit Raj made his debut in the Bengali television industry and bagged roles in several Bengali movies.
Romit Raj became a renowned actor and a household name among Indian audiences when he began playing significant roles in several top-ranked TV serials on Zee TV channel.
About Romit Raj
|Real Name||Romit Raj Prasher|
|Nicknames||Raj, Yuvraj and Jeet|
|Date of Birth||9th July 1980|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai|
|Height||5 ft 11"|
(180 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Wife||Tina Kakkar Raj|
(Senior Manager at Times of India)
|Net Worth||INR 25,00,000|
|Famous for||Shaka Laka Boom Boom (2000-2004), Hatim (2003-2004), Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann (2007-2009), Maayka (2007-2009), Harr Dil Kuchh Kehtee Hai (2007), Ssshhh... Phir Koi Hai - Bhoot Bangla (2008), Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan (2007-2008), Mata Pita Ke Charno Mein Swarg (2008), Thoda Hai Bas Thode Ki Zarurat Hai (2010), Adaalat (2011-2015), C.I.D (2012 & 2014), Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi... Let's Go (2015-2016), Fear Files (2018), Kaun Hai? (2018)|
|First Appearance||TELEVISION -|
Shaka Laka Boom Boom (2000)
Hum Dum (2005)
Likes & Dislikes
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
Romit Raj is a popular young Indian actor who is most renowned for his several impressive roles in TV serials. Although he initially had ambitions to become a model when studying in West Bengal Romit Raj soon began taking interest in theater and began participating in his school and college plays. Today, Romit Raj is renowned most for his role in the super hit TV serial ‘Adaalat’ (2011-2015).
Romit Raj’s age is around 38, as Romit Raj was born on the 9th of July, 1980 in Mumbai, before shifting to Kolkata at the age of 10 years. Romit Raj’s height is around 5 ft 11 inches (180 cm) while Romit Raj’s weight is around 75 kg (165 lbs). In his spare time, Romit Raj loves traveling and lists it as being part of his hobbies.
Although we do not have much information about Romit Raj’s parents we only know that Romit Raj has a younger brother too. Earlier Romit Raj was in a relationship. Romit Raj’s ex-girlfriend is popular Indian TV actress Shilpa Shinde. However, currently Romit Raj’s wife is Tina Kakkar Raj, who works as a senior manager at Times of India. Romit Raj married his wife Tina Kakkar in April of 2012. Romit Raj’s daughter is named Reha Raj Prasher.
Owing to his success as a talented actor in the Indian television industry, as well as his several modeling assignments, Romit Raj’s net worth is estimated to be around INR 25 lac (USD 35,000).
Interesting Facts About Romit Raj
- Romit Raj’s family shifted to Kolkata when Romit Raj was around 10 years old and this is where Romit Raj decided initially to try his luck in modeling.
- Romit Raj has had the honor to work with several respected and renowned Bengali film and television directors before starting acting in Hindi TV serials.
- Romit Raj returned to his birthplace, Mumbai, in 2002 and began looking for his break into the Hindi television industry.
- Romit Raj was reportedly injured when a stunt went wrong on the sets of his TV show ‘Yatra’ and Romit Raj suffered mild burns with several cuts from broken glass as well.
- Apart from being an actor, Romit Raj is also a talented host and proved this when he hosted the ‘Perfect Bride’ reality TV show in 2009.