Salman Khan is a name even a child in India would know. The ‘Dabangg’ actor is renowned for his dashing good looks and his inspiring physique not only in India but all over the globe. Apart from being an actor, Salman Khan is also a successful producer, singer, artist, television personality, and entrepreneur.
In his acting career, which covers three decades, Salman Khan has received numerous awards and accolades for his immensely diverse roles and acting prowess. Salman Khan has millions of fans in India, Asia and also worldwide. He is one of the handfuls of actors that are recognized the world over as being synonymous with the Indian film industry.
About Salman Khan
|Real Name||Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan|
|Nickname ||Sallu, Dabangg, The Tiger|
|Date of Birth||27th December 1965|
|Age (as in July 2018)||53 years|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai|
|Education||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai (dropout)|
|Height||5 ft 8"|
(174 cm) approximately
Family & Relationships
|Income (Annual)||INR 251,00,00,000|
(USD 36 Million)
|Famous for||Baazigar, Darr (1993), Karan Arjun, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Josh, Mohabbatein (2000), Devdas (2002), Kal Ho Na Ho (2003), Main Hoon Na, Veer Zara, Swades (2004), Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Don 1 (2006), Om Shanti Om, Chak De! India (2007), Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008), My Name Is Khan (2010), Don 2, Ra:One (2011), Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), Chennai Express (2013), Happy New Year (2014) and Raees (2017)|
|First Movie||Deewana (1992)|
|Net Worth (2018)||INR 1,900,00,00,000 (USD 310 Million )|
Likes & Dislikes
|Favorite Actors||Dilip Kumar, Govinda and Sylvester Stallone|
|Favorite Actresses||Hema Malini|
|Food||Chinese and Italian cuisines, Biryani and Mutton Kebabs|
|Hobbies||Painting, Writing and Swimming|
Salman Khan has been a prominent part of Bollywood, the Indian film industry, for around 30 years now. As a celebrity, Salman Khan is one of the most popular ones in the entire movie industry. Not being shy to speak his mind, Sallu Bhai is revered by his millions of die-hard fans who watch each of his movies with an unseen passion. Despite being in his early 50s, Salman is renowned for his extremely youthful looks and a physique that rivals even other actors half who are half of Salman Khan’s age.
Credited with starting the 100-crore club in Bollywood, Salman Khan’s movies are received with widespread box-office sales that break the previous records. His net worth is around INR 19,00 crores (USD 310 Million) while Salman Khan’s annual income is around INR 251 crores (USD 45 Million)
With all the good looks and tens of thousands of female fans, including a handful of actresses from the film industry, Salman Khan has chosen to remain single. Although, he has had his shares of relationships, the most talked-about being that with former Miss World and Indian actress, Aishwarya Rai. Currently, Salman Khan is said to be dating Romanian TV actor, model and presented, Lulia Vantur. Salman is low-key about his relationship with Lulia, however, he has not denied that she is not his girlfriend.
Recently, Salman Khan seems to be mired in controversies. From the infamous black buck deer hunting case in Rajasthan to the road accident in Mumbai, Salman Khan’s name is sure to be in one news or the other. An avid health enthusiast, Salman Khan is also an inspiration for many budding actors and others who are into bodybuilding.
Interesting Facts about Salman Khan
- Salman Khan was a regular smoker until recently, but the actor and fitness freak is on the verge of quitting his habits of smoking and drinking.
- Salman Khan has been an avid swimmer since his childhood and takes time out for a swim every week.
- Salman Khan’s first lead role was in the 1980’s movie, Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya, which was the highest-grossing film of its time.
- Salman Khan made his first attempt at playback singing in 1999 for Hello, Brother, his movie with brother, Arbaaz Khan.
- His first appearance alongside Madhuri Dixit in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, was widely acclaimed by critics and audiences, which resulted in making it the first Bollywood movie to earn over 1 billion rupees.</li>
- Salman Khan is a believer in gemstones and is seen with his silver bracelet which holds a Turquoise stone in it.
- In 2012, Madame Tussaud’s Museum added a wax statue of Salman Khan to its collection of global celebrities.
- Salman Khan is also renowned for his philanthropic work, especially the Being Human charitable foundation, which is focused on providing essential education and effective health care to impoverished people in the country.
- In 2015, Salman Khan was more popular than the then US President Barack Obama, in a list which named ‘The Most Admired Personalities of India’.
- Salman Khan is widely loved as the host of the reality TV series, Big Boss, an inspiration from the globally popular Big Brother reality TV series.