Zeenat Aman is a renowned yesteryear actress from Bollywood who is most popular for her bold and path-breaking roles in Indian Hindi movies.
Apart from being one of the most popular actresses of her time, Zeenat Aman was also known as the winner of the 1970 Miss Asia Pacific beauty pageant, and became the first woman from South Asia to hold the title.
Zeenat Aman is credited with being the inspiration for numerous revolutionary actress in the Indian film industry today.
About Zeenat Aman
|Real Name||Zeenat Aman|
|Nickname||Zeenie Baby and Babushka|
|Date of Birth||19th November 1951|
|Age (as of October 2018)||66 years|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai|
|Education||Dropout from University of California Los Angeles (USA)|
|Height||5 ft 9"|
(175 cm) approximately
Family & Relationships
|Mother||Scinda Heinz (nee Vardhini)|
|Net Worth||INR 88,00,00,000|
(USD 12 Million)
|Famous for||Hulchul, Hare Rama Hare Krishna (1971), Heera Panna (1973), Roti Kapda Aur Makaan, Ishq Ishq Ishq, Ajanabee (1974), Warrant (1975), Deewaangee, Balika Badhu (1976), Paapi, Dharamveer, Hum Kisise Kum Nahin (1977), Shalimar, Satyam Shivam Sundaram, Don (1978), The Great Gambler (1979), Ram Balram, Ali Baba Aur 40 Chor, Qurbani, Insaaf Ka Taraz (1980), Professor Pyarelal, Krodhi, Laawaris (1981), Samraat, Jaanwar, Ashanti, Vakil Babu (1982), Taqdeer, Pukar, Hum Se Hai Zamana (1983), Sohni Mahiwal, Jagir, Meri Adalat (1984), Yaadon Ki Kasam (1985), Baat Ban Jaye, Aurat (1986), Daku Hasina (1987), Namumkin (1988), Gawahi (1989), Bhopal Express (1999), Boom (2003), Dunno Y.. Naa Jane Kyon (2010)|
|First Movie||Hulchul (1971)|
|Favorite Actor||Raj Kapoor|
|Hobbies||Reading books, listening to music and collecting perfumes|
Zeenat Aman remains one of the most legendary actresses till date. With a career spanning over 40 years in Bollywood, Zeenat Aman is still known to take on challenging and non-conventional female roles in movies.
Zeenat Aman’s age is 66 years as Zeenat Aman was born on 19th November, 1951 in Mumbai. Zeenat Aman’s height is 5 ft 9 inches (175 cm) while Zeenat Aman’s weight is around 65 kg (143 lbs). In her spare time, Zeenat Aman lists reading books, listening to music and collecting perfumes, as part of her hobbies.
Zeenat Aman’s father was a popular Bollywood scriptwriter, Amanullah Khan, while Zeenat Aman’s mother was Scinda Heinz, earlier known as Vardhini Karvaste. Zeenat Aman does not have any siblings and is a single child. Although she was earlier married to popular actor Sanjay Khan, the couple broke off their marriage within a couple of years. Later, Zeenat Aman’s husband was another actor, Mazhar Khan, whom she married in 1985, till his demise in 1998. Zeenat Aman and Mazhar Khan have two sons, Zahaan Khan and Azaan Khan.
Thanks to her immense success as a Bollywood actress, Zeenat Aman’s net worth today is estimated to be INR 88 crores (USD 12 Million).
Talking about her success as a talented actress Zeenat Aman is also the recipient of several prestigious acting awards and other accolades.
First and foremost, Zeenat Aman won the 1970 Femina Miss India Asia Pacific beauty pageant before going on to become the first South Asia woman to win the prestigious 1970 Miss Asia Pacific title too. In the same pageant, Zeenat Aman was also awarded the Special Awards’ Miss Photogenic at the 1970 Miss Asia Pacific pageant.
After entering Bollywood, Zeenat Aman won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award as well as the Bengali Film Journalists Association (BFJA) Awards’ Best Actress award, for her impressive role in the cult-hit ‘Hare Rama Hare Krishna’ (1972).
Zeenat Aman has also had the Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination twice.
Apart from these, Zeenat Aman won the 2003 Bollywood Awards’ Award for Lifetime Achievement – Lifetime of Glamour, the 2006 Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award, the 8th Bollywood Movie Awards’ “Outstanding Contribution to the Motion Picture Industry of India Award” in 2006, the 2008 Zee Cine Award for Lifetime Achievement, the 11th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards’ “Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema” award in 2010, the 12th IIFA Awards’ “Best Contribution to Indian Cinema” award in 2011, as well as won the 2018 Society Achievers Awards’ – Lifetime Achievement Award.
Interesting Facts About Zeenat Aman
- It is not known whether Zeenat Aman smokes or if she drinks alcohol.
- Amanullah Khan, Zeenat Aman’s father, was the scriptwriter for numerous popular Bollywood movies, including ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ and ‘Pakeezah’, and wrote under the pseudonym ‘Aman’, which Zeenat Aman adopted as her last name after her father passed away, when she was only 13 years of age.
- Zeenat Aman came to limelight after her impressive performance in the cult hit ‘Hare Rama Hare Krishna’ (1972), even though she had starred in two movies previously which went almost unnoticed.
- Zeenat Aman was about to quit acting after she completed the shoot for ‘Hare Rama Hare Krishna’ (1972) and was thinking about leaving the country to stay with her parents in Germany, however, she delayed her departure till the movie’s release on Dev Anand’s insistence and following the huge success of the movie, canceled her plans to quit acting.
- Zeenat Aman was renowned for breaking the norm, and was equally comfortable in sarees and bikinis.
- Zeenat Aman, along with Hema Malini, was the highest-paid actress of her time.
- To get the role in Raj Kapoor’s epic ‘Satyam Shivam Sundaram’, Zeenat Aman had makeup done to get a burnt look to her face, which she explained to Raj Kapoor as being her interpretation of the female character she was auditioning for. This impressed Raj Kapoor so much that he signed up Zeenat Aman for the role immediately and gave a few golden coins as signing amount.
- In an interview, Zeenat Aman confessed that the only reason she married twice was that she wanted to become a mother, rather than just a wife.