Hrithik Roshan, known lovingly as ‘Duggu, is one of the most handsome and popular actors in the Bollywood film industry. Apart from his acting talent, Hrithik Roshan is an amazing dancer, renowned for his versatile dancing prowess.
Before his debut in 2000, Hrithik Roshan had starred as a child-artist in several movies in the 1980s. Later on, he also assisted his father, renowned Bollywood director Rakesh Roshan, in making four films. Hrithik has portrayed several diverse characters in his film careers as an actor, from the blue-eyed romantic boy of ‘Kaho Na.. Pyar Hai’, to the superhero ‘Krrish’, and even a quadriplegic in ‘Guzaarish’.
Although Hrithik Roshan dazzles fans with his finely chiseled looks and light eyes, his childhood was fraught with personal hardships. Born with an additional thumb on his right hand, and having a stammering speech impediment was tough for him as a child. However, he soon accepted his physical aspect and got rid of his stammering with regular speech therapy.
About Hrithik Roshan
|Real Name||Hrithik Roshan|
|Nickname ||Duggu, Greek God|
|Date of Birth||10th January 1974|
|Age (as in July 2018)||44 years|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai|
|Education||Bachelor of Commerce degree from Sydenham College (Mumbai)|
|Height||5 ft 11"|
(180 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Hazel Green|
Family & Relationships
|Income (Annual)||INR 62,00,00,000|
(USD 9 Million)
|Famous for||Kaho Naa.. Pyar Hai, Fiza, Mission Kashmir (2000), Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum (2001), Koi.. Mil Gaya (2003), Lakshya (2004). Krrish, Dhoom 2, (2006), Jodhaa Akbar (2008), Kites, Guzaarish (2010), Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011), Agneepath (2012), Krrish-3 (2013), Bang Bang (2014), Mohenjo Daro (2016), Kaabil (2017)|
|First Movie||Kaho Naa.. Pyar Hai (2000)|
|Net Worth (2018)||INR 205,00,00,000 (USD 30 Million )|
Likes & Dislikes
|Favorite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Kapoor, Al Pacino, Richard Gere, Jerry Lewis and Steve Martin|
|Favorite Actresses||Madhubala, Kajol, Madhuri Dixit, Helen Hunt and Julia Roberts|
|Food||Simple Indian home-cooked food, Italian, Chinese and Mexican cuisine|
|Hobbies||Reading, working out and traveling|
Hrithik Roshan has often been called a ‘Greek God’ thanks to his sharp features and sculpted physique. Even though Hrithik Roshan’s age is 44 years, he gives stiff competition to other new, good-looking contemporary actors of today. He has also been referred to as ‘Sexiest Indian’ by numerous magazines and tabloids. Talking about his stats, Hrithik Roshan’s height is 5 ft 11 inches (180 cm), while Hrithik Roshan’s weight is about 85 kg (187 lbs).
Hrithink Roshan celebrates his birthday on the 10th of January, and was married to Suzanna Khan, daughter of popular TV actor Sanjay Khan, for around 14 years (2000 to 2014), before the couple got divorced. Hrithik Roshan has two lovely sons with Suzanne Khan – Hrehaan Roshan and Hridhaan Roshan. Before getting married to Suzanne Khan, he was rumored to have had affairs with at least 2 other actresses – Bollywood’s Kareena Kapoor and Holloywood’s Barbara Mori, apart from his fling with actress Kangana Ranaut after his divorce.
Hrithik Roshan has been a part of numerous blockbusters in the Bollywood movie industry. Thanks to his increasing fees for acting in movies, Hrithik Roshan’ annual income is around INR 62.5 crores (USD 9 Million) which makes Hrithik Roshan’s net worth around INR 2,600 crores (USD 340 Million).
Hrithik Roshan has also received numerous awards for his acting skills. Hrithik Roshan’s award list includes the Filmfare Award for Best Actor and Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for his first movie, ‘Kaho Naa.. Pyar Hai’ (2000), Filmfare Award for Best Actor and Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for his role in the movie, “Koi.. Mil Gaya’ (2003), Filmfare Award for Best Actor for portraying a perfect negative role in the movie ‘Dhoom 2’ (2006) and the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for Jodhaa Akbar (2008).
Interesting Facts About Hrithik Roshan
- Hrithik Roshan was a regular smoker but he has quit the habit now, however, he is an occasional alcohol drinker.
- Hrithik Roshan has mixed lineages, as he belongs to a Punjabi family on his father’s side while he has strong Bengali connections from his mother’s side of the family.
- Officially, Hrithik Roshan’s complete name should be ‘Hrithik Nagrath’, but his father chose the last name ‘Roshan’ when entering the film industry.
- Hrithik Roshan’s first ever film as an actor was the 1980’s movie, ‘Aasha’, in which he acted at the age of just 6 years.
- To get in shape for his debut, Hrithik Roshan reportedly trained with Salman Khan at his gym.
- Hrithik Roshan is the style icon for millions of youngsters, and has launched his own line of casual clothing, branded as ‘HRx’.
- Before making his debut as an actor, Hrithik Roshan was assistant to his father for 4 movies and was tasked with doing odd jobs around the set.
- Diagnosed as having Scoliosis, a spinal debilitating disorder, Hrithik’s doctors opined that he would not be able to dance or even act. However, Hrithik Roshan overcame all odds through sheer determination and the results are clear for everyone to see today.
- If his schedule would have allowed, we would have seen Hrithik Roshan instead of Shahrukh Khan in ‘Don’ and Swades’, as well as replacing Akshay Khanna in ‘Dil Chahta Hai’.