Irrfan Khan is one of the most powerful actors in the Indian film industry. With unconventional looks, Irrfan Khan has proven his acting prowess in numerous Bollywood thrillers and other niches. His amazing acting skills also enabled him to get offers and act in Hollywood, as well as the British film industry. Irrfan Khan has been an actor for over 30 years in the Indian movies, mainly. Irrfan Khan has also acted in over 50 movies till date, winning several awards for his intense acting.
Irrfan Khan debuted in his first commercial film in 1988, and soon rose to prominence as an actor in his later releases. Not backing from challenging roles, Irrfan Khan has received immense critical acclaim, as well as awards, for his negative roles and playing the anti-hero in several of his movies. His work in the foreign film industries is also commendable and Irrfan Khan has appeared as an actor in a couple of Hollywood hits as well.
in 2018, Irrfan Khan was diagnosed with a rare disorder, ‘Neuroendocrine Tumor’, and is undergoing treatment for it.
About Irrfan Khan
|Real Name||Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan|
|Date of Birth||7th January 1967|
|Age (as in July 2018)||51 years|
|Place of Birth||Jaipur|
|Education||Diploma in Dramatic Arts from National School of Drama (New Delhi)|
(183 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Father||Sahabzade Yasin Ali Khan
|Income (Annual)||INR 12,00,00,000
(USD 2 Million)
|Famous for||Salaam Bombay! (1988), The Warrior (2001), Maqbool (2003), Aan: Men At Work (2004), Chocolate (2005), Life in a.. Metro (2007), Slumdog Millionaire (2008), New York (2009), Paan Singh Tomar, The Amazing Spider Man, Life Of Pi (2012), The Lunchbox (2013), Gunday, Haider (2014), Piku, Jurassic World (2015), Inferno, Madaari (2016), and Hindi Medium (2017)|
|First Movie||Salaam Bombay! (1988)|
|Net Worth (2018)||INR 80,00,00,000 (USD 13 Million )
Likes & Dislikes
|Favorite Actors||Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Rober De Niro and Philip Seymour Hoffman|
|Food||Simple Indian home-cooked food|
|Hobbies||Reading and playing Cricket|
Irrfan Khan is most popular for the huge variety of roles he is able to portray with a natural flair. His acting skills come so naturally that audiences are immersed in his dialogues. His unique dialogue delivery is one of the most amazing aspects of his acting prowess.
Irrfan Khan’s age is 51 years and he celebrates his birthday on the 7th of January every year. Irrfan Khan’s height is exactly 6 ft (183 cm) while Irrfan Khan’s weight is around 75 kg (165 lbs). Irrfan Khan was born in Jaipur, Rajasthan, and he is a diploma-holder in Dramatic Arts from the National School of Drama in New Delhi. Irrfan Khan loves to read or play cricket as his hobbies.
Irrfan Khan’s annual income is around 12 crores (USD 2 Millions) while Irrfan Khan’s net worth is estimated to be around INR 80 crores (USD 13 Millions). Irrfan Khan’s wife is dialogue writer Sutapa Sikdar, who he married in 1995, when they were still students at NSD. Irrfan Khan and Sutapa Sikdar have two sons – Ayaan Khan and Babil Khan.
Although Irrfan Khan made his commercial debut in 1988 in Mira Nair’s ‘Salaam Bombay!’, he had already established himself as an impressive actor with a string of TV roles. Talking about Irrfan Khan’s success as an established actor, he has received numerous awards.
The list of Irrfan Khan’s film awards include the 2004 Filmfare Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role and Screen Awards’ Best Performance in a Negative Role for ‘Haasil’ and Maqbool’, respectively.
In 2008, Irrfan Khan won the Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Filmfare Awards’ Best Supporting Actor, the International Indian Film Academy Awards’ Best Supporting Actor and the Screen Award for Best Comedian for his role in ‘Life In A… Metro’. In the same year, Irrfan Khan also rose to international fame when he won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture and the Central Ohio Film Critics Association’s Best Ensemble Award for the global hit, ‘Slumdog Millionaire’.
In 2013, Irrfan Khan starred as the lead character in the hit Bollywood biopic, ‘Paan Singh Tomar’, for which he won wide critical acclaim, and won the National Film Awards’ Best Actor award, Filmfare Awards’ Best Actor (Critics) award, the Times of India Film Awards’ Best Actor award as well as the Screen Awards’ Best Actor award. In the same year, he starred in ‘The Lunchbox’, which won him the Screen Awards’ Best Actor award, Asian Film Awards’ Best Actor award, the Asia-Pacific Film Festival’s Outstanding Achievement Award, the Dubai International Film Festival’s Best Actor award, as well as the Producers Guild Film Awards’ Star Verdict Performer of the Year and the Entertainer of the Year awards.
in 2018, Irrfan Khan starred in the hit movie, ‘Hindi Medium’, which went on to win him the Screen Award’s Best Actor award, Filmfare Awards’ Best Actor award, and the International Indian Film Academy Awards’ Best Actor award.
Interesting Facts About Irrfan Khan
- Irrfan Khan is a regular smoker and drinks alcohol as well.
- Irrfan Khan comes from royal lineage through his mother’s side while his father’s side of the family were effluent landowners.
- Despite his bold and captivating persona on screen, Irrfan Khan was an extremely shy child and was often scolded by teachers for speaking in a low voice.
- Before venturing into acting, Irrfan Khan struggled to make a living, first as an AC repair technician and then later as a tutor.
- Irrfan Khan’s entry into the acting world was made possible by when the National School of Drama (NSD) offered him a scholarship for their Dramatic Arts diploma course.
- His debut offer came in his final year in NSD when Mira Nair offered him a role in her movie, ‘Salaam Bombay’.
- After starring in the Hollywood blockbuster, ‘Jurassic World’, Irrfan Khan revealed that when the original Jurassic movie was released in 1993, he did not even have enough money to buy a ticket to watch it.
- Irrfan Khan was chosen to star in the Hollywood hit, ‘The Martian’, however he declined the role to focus on his Bollywood movie, ‘Piku’, at the time.
- In March of 2018, Irrfan Khan revealed on Twitter to his millions of fans and followers that he was diagnosed with the rare disorder, Neuroendocrine Tumor’, for which he is currently undergoing treatment abroad.