Abhishek Bachchan, son of legendary Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan, is also a renowned actor. Apart from acting in Bollywood and Bengali cinema industry, Abhishek Bachchan is also a producer and has performed playback singing for several movies as well.
After his debut in 2000, Abhishek Bachchan did not meet much success in terms of hits for over 4 years. In 2004, with the release of the first ‘Dhoom’ movie, however, his career rocketed to new heights. The rest of the decade saw Abhishek Bachchan star in some of the most hit movies. He also received critical acclaim for several of his roles which he had pulled off with perfection.
Since then, Abhishek Bachchan’s movies have been largely commercial hits and he has received several awards for his versatile acting skills, much in the steps of his father, the Big B.
Abhishek Bachchan’s marriage to former Miss World and Bollywood actress, Aishwarya Rai, was a much talked about event in 2007.
About Abhishek Bachchan
|Real Name||Abhishek Bachchan|
|Nickname ||Junior B, AB Baby, Junior Bachchan and Abhi|
|Date of Birth||5th February 1976|
|Age (as in July 2018)||42 years|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai|
|Education||Business management course (dropout) from Boston University|
|Height||6 ft 2"
(188 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Mother||Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan
|Sister||Shweta Bachchan Nanda|
|Wife||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
|Income (Annual)||INR 12,00,00,000
(USD 1.7 Million)
|Famous for||Dhoom (2004), Bunty Aur Babli, Sarkaar, Bluffmaster (2005), Dhoom 2, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (2006), Guru (2007), Sarkaar Raj, Dostana (2008), Delhi-6, Paa (2009), Bol Bachchan (2012), Dhoom 3 (2013) and Happy New Year (2014)|
|First Movie||Refugee (2000)|
|Net Worth (2018)||INR 200,00,00,000 (USD 30 Million )
Likes & Dislikes
|Favorite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt and Manoj Bajpai|
|Favorite Actresses||Zeenat Aman and Kareena Kapoor Khan|
|Food||Spicy Chicken, Rajma Rice, Banana Chips, M&M's chocolates and biscuits|
|Hobbies||Watching movies, cooking, sketching and driving|
Abhishek Bachchan is a successful Bollywood actor of recent times. Abhishek Bachchan’s age is 42 years. Abhishek Bachchan’s height is around 6 ft 2 inches while Abhishek Bachchan’s weight is constantly about 85 kg (187 lbs). Abhishek Bachchan’s wife is the former Miss World and renowned Bollywood actress, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan whom he married on 20th April, 2007. Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan have a lovely daughter, Aaradhya, who was born in 2011.
Apart from his wife, Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan has had relationships with three of his co-actresses – Karishma Kapoor, Rani Mukherjee and Dipannita Sharma.
Even though his stardom was late to rise, Abhishek Bachchan has starred in almost 30 movies in his 18 years as an actor. After his debut movie, ‘Refugee’ (2000), failed to become a hit, he starred in several other movies for around 4 years, however he lacked the critical and commercial success of Bollywood superstars. The first movie in the ‘Dhoom’ action-thriller series in 2004 finally enabled him to show his acting prowess, and the movie was a huge commercial hit at the box office.
Today, after almost two decades in the Indian film industry, Abhishek Bachchan’s annual income is around INR 12 crores (USD 1.7 million) while Abhishek Bachchan’s net worth is around INR 200 crores (USD 30 million).
Abhishek Bachchan has won numerous awards in his career as a Bollywood actor. He first received the IIFA Award for Best Male Debut for the movie ‘Refugee’ (2000). In 2005, Abhishek Bachchan won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor and IIFA Best Supporting Actor awards for Sarkaar, as well as the Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor, Stardust Star of the Year Award (Male), Zee Cine Award Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male), Bollywood Movie Award-Best Villain and Best Supporting Actor awards, and the IIFA Best Supporting Actor award for Yuva.
In 2006, Abhishek Bachchan was the winner of the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for the multi-starrer ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’, Screen Awards’ for Best Comedian and Jodi No. 1 (with Rani Mukherjee) for ‘Bunty Aur Babli’, IIFA Best Supporting Actor Award for his role in ‘Sarkaar’, Zee Cine Award Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) for ‘Sarkaar’and the Global Indian Film Awards’ Best Supporting Actor award for his movie ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’.
Since then, Abhishek Bachchan has received the Stardust Best Supporting Actor award for his role in his home-production, ‘Paa’ (2010), and the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for his movie, ‘Bol Bachchan’ (2013).
Apart from these movie awards, Abhishek Bachchan is also the recipient of the ‘Yash Bharati Samman’, the state government of Uttar Pradesh’s highest citizen honor, in 2006.
Interesting Facts About Abhishek Bachchan
- Abhishek Bachchan is a non-smoker, however he does drink alcohol socially.
- As a child, Abhishek Bachchan is said to have suffered from Dyslexia, a learning disorder seen in children.
- Before entering Bollywood as an actor, Abhishek Bachchan had previously worked as an LIC agent, which he soon quit to join his father’s company, ABCL.
- In 2006, UK’s Eastern Eye Magazine named Abhishek Bachchan as the ‘Sexiest Man in Asia’.
- Abhishek Bachchan is an avid singer and has sung background vocals for many of his movies, including Bluffmaster, Players, Dhoom, and Bol Bachchan amongst others.
- For his eccentric role in Mani Ratnam’s ‘Ravan’, Abhishek Bachchan lost 18 kg of his weight.
- Apart from being an actor and producer, Abhishek Bachchan is also a businessman and manages his father’s company, AB Corp. Ltd.
- Abhishek Bachchan and his beautiful and talented wife, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, were the guests on the popular US show, ‘ The Oprah Winfrey Show’, in 2009.
- Abhishek Bachchan is a self-confessed coffee addict and loves Cappuccino.
- Abhishek Bachchan is also the co-owner of “Jaipur Pink Panthers” of the Pro Kabaddi League franchise as well as the owner of “Chennaiyin FC”, the Indian Super League soccer team.