Sunil Shetty is a popular actor in the Bollywood film industry. With a career of over 25 years as an actor Sunil Shetty has starred in over 100 films.
Apart from being a talented actor, Sunil Shetty is also known as a film producer and an established entrepreneur as well.
Sunil Shetty has worked mainly in the Indian Hindi film industry, but has also performed in several other movie industries as well, such as Tamil, Malayalam and English. Sunil Shetty is most popular for his action roles apart from his straight-faced comedy talent.
About Sunil Shetty
|Real Name||Suniel Veerappa Shetty|
|Date of Birth||11th August 1961|
|Age (as of September 2018)||57 years|
|Place of Birth||Mulki (Karnataka)|
|Education||Degree in Hotel Management|
|Height||5 ft 10"|
(178 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Father||Late Veerappa Shetty|
|Net Worth||INR 70,00,00,000|
(USD 10 Million)
|Famous for||Dilwale, Gopi Kishan (1994), Gaddar (1995), Border, Bhai (1997), Aakrosh (1998), Hera Pheri, Refugee, Dhadkan (2000), Ittefaq, Yeh Tera Ghar Yeh Mera Ghar (2001), Aawara Pagal Deewana, Kaante (2002), Qayamat: City Under Threat, LOC Kargil (2003), Main Hoon Na, Lakeer - Forbidden Lines, Aan: Men At Work, Hulchul (2004), Padmashree Laloo Prasad Yadav, Blackmail, Tango Charlie, Dus, Chocolate: Deep Dark Secrets (2005), Fight Club - Members Only, Darna Zaroori Hai, Phir Hera Pheri, Umrao Jaan, Apna Sapna Money Money (2006), Shootout At Lokhandwala (2007), De Dana Dan (2009), Red Alert: The War Within (2010)|
|First Movie||Balwaan (1992)|
|Salary (per film)||INR 3,00,00,000|
Likes & Dislikes
|Favorite Food||Thai cuisine, fish curry and tilliwali kulfi|
|Favorite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan and Bruce Willis|
|Favorite Actresses||Sharmila Tagore, Nargis, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol and Goldie Hawn|
Sunil Shetty is a popular action and comedy actor who has mainly worked in the Bollywood film industry since the early 1990s. Sunil Shetty has been working as an actor for over 25 years now and has starred in around 110 movies.
Sunil Shetty’s age is 57 years as Sunil Shetty was born on 11th August, 1961, in Mulki, a small town near Mangalore (Karnataka). Sunil Shetty’s father was the late Veerappa Shetty. Sunil Shetty’s wife is Mana Shetty, a prominent social worker working to improve the living conditions of the underprivileged. Sunil Shetty and Mana Shetty have been married since 1991 and have two kids – son Aahan Shetty, an upcoming actor, and Athiya Shetty, a young actress.
Sunil Shetty’s height is 5 ft 10 inches (178 cm) while Sunil Shetty’s weight is around 80 kg (176 lbs). In his spare time, Sunil Shetty loves to play cricket as his hobby. Sunil Shetty’s salary per film is around INR 3 crores (USD 420,000). Apart from being a successful actor in Bollywood, Sunil Shetty is also a successful entrepreneur, which brings Sunil Shetty’s net worth to an estimated INR 70 crores (USD 10 Million).
Coming to Sunil Shetty’s acting skills, he is the winner of several prestigious film awards as well as having nominations for numerous awards as well.
The list of Sunil Shetty’s awards include the Filmfare Best Villain award for his negative role in ‘Dhadkan’ (2001). The same year, Sunil Shetty won the Zee Cine Best Supporting Actor award for ‘Dhadkan’ (2001) as well. Next, Sunil Shetty won the GIFA Best Villain Award for ‘Main Hoon Na’ (2005) and was also awarded the Rajiv Gandhi Award in 2005 as well.
Later on, Sunil Shetty won the SAFF Best Actor Award for ‘Red Alert: The War Within’ (2008) and then won the Stardust Searchlight Award for Best Actor for ‘Red Alert: The War Within’ (2011), once again.
Sunil Shetty has also been nominated for numerous awards due to his acting skills. The list of award nominations for Sunil Shetty include the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor award for ‘Dilwale’ (1995), the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor award and the Star Screen Award’s Best Supporting Actor award, for ‘Border’ (1998).
Next, Sunil Shetty was nominated for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor award and the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Best Supporting Actor Award, for his impressive acting in ‘Refugee’ (2001), as well as the IIFA Best Villain Award for ‘Dhadkan’ (2001).
Later on, Sunil Shetty was also nominated for the IIFA Best Supporting Actor Award for his role in ‘Qayamat: City Under Threat’ (2004). Sunil Shetty was also nominated for the Filmfare Best Villain Award and the IIFA Best Villain Award, both, for his negative portrayal in ‘Main Hoon Na’ (2005).
Interesting Facts About Sunil Shetty
- Sunil Shetty is a teetotaler, which means he does not drink alcohol nor smokes.
- Sunil Shetty comes from a humble Bunt family and spoke Tulu at home. After his father began managing his boss’s restaurant, where he earlier worked as a dish washer, he soon bought the business and the entire building with it, owing to his hard work and determination.
- Sunil Shetty faced problems with his debut movie ‘Balwaan’ (1992) as actresses were wary of working with a debuting actor, however, the late Divya Bharti agreed to star opposite Sunil Shetty and the movie went on to become a commercial hit after its release.
- As a youngster, Sunil Shetty was inclined to be a general tough guy and would often get into brawls however he soon changed his ways and became the soft-spoken ‘Anna’ we all know once he realized that he is setting the wrong example for his thousands of young fans across India who idolized him.
- Sunil Shetty is an experienced martial artist and has a black belt in kick-boxing.
- Sunil Shetty’s masculine personality earned him the name ‘He-Man of Bollywood’.
- Apart from being an established actor in Bollywood, Sunil Shetty is also a successful entrepreneur who owns a chain of Udupi restaurants, as well as being co-owner in the popular chain of boutique ‘Mischief’, the high-end pub ‘Suzie Wong’ and ‘H2O’ in Mumbai. Sunil Shetty also owns the entertainment production house, ‘Popcorn Entertainment’.
- Sunil Shetty is a close friend of Raveena Tandon and Sanjay Dutt in the Bollywood film industry.
- Sunil Shetty is also a philanthropist and is associated with several NGOs, along with his wife, Mana Shetty.