Andy Serkis is a brilliant English actor who is most renowned for his motion-capture performances in several super hit Hollywood movies.
Andy Serkis is an extremely talented stage, TV and movie actor who has also revolutionized acting with his motion-capture performances. Andy Serkis’s motion-capture acting as Gollum/Smeagol in the Lord of the Rings movie franchise and as Cesar in latest Planet of the Apes movie trilogy are considered truly extraordinary feats in acting.
Andy Serkis became interested in acting in his first year at Lancaster University where he was studying visual arts. After changing his major subject to acting, Andy Serkis soon began his journey to theater, then television before finally making his movie debut in 1994.
Andy Serkis’ excellent acting skills have earned him numerous prestigious acting awards as well as numerous award nominations too.
About Andy Serkis
|Real Name||Andrew Clement G. Serkis|
|Date of Birth||20th April 1964|
|Place of Birth||Ruislip Manor (West London, England)|
|Education||Equity Card from Duke's Playhouse (London)|
|Height||5 ft 8"
(173 cm) approximately
Family & Relationships
|Mother||Lylie Weech Serkis
(Special Education Teacher)
|Profession||Actor/Film Producer/Movie Director|
|Net Worth||INR 192,00,00,000
(USD 27 Million)
|Famous for||MOVIES -
Prince of Jutland (1994), The Near Room (1995), Stella Does Tricks (1996), Loop (1997), Among Giants (1998), Topsy-Turvy (1999), Pandemonium (2000), The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Escapist, Deathwatch (2002), The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003), Blessed (2004), King Kong (2005), Stormbreaker, The Prestige (2006), Extraordinary Rendition (2007), The Cottage (2008), Burke and Hare (2010), Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011), The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012), The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013), Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014), Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), War for the Planet of the Apes, Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017), Black Panther, Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (2018)
Morris Minor and His Marvelous Motors (1989), The New Statesman (1989), Streetwise (1989-1992), Grushko (1994), Finney (1994), The Pale Horse (1997), The Jump (1998), Oliver Twist (1999), Touching Evil (1999), Arabian Nights (2000), Longford (2006), Monkey Life (2007), Little Dorritt (2008), Einstein and Eddington (2008), Accused - "Liam's Story" (2010), The Dark: Nature's Nighttime World (2012), Fungus the Bogeyman (2015), Star Wars Resistance (2018)
|First Movie||Prince of Jutland (1994)|
Andy Serkis is truly one of the most talented and versatile actors of this generation. Andy Serkis is globally popular for playing some of the most famous motion-capture characters in Hollywood movie industry. Andy Serkis’s brilliant performance as Smeagol/Gollum and Cesar have made him one of the most popular character actors today. Although Andy Serkis wanted to become a graphic design and make posters his casual first stage appearance in his first year in college transformed his career path. Today, Andy Serkis has become a world famous British actor, movie producer and film director as well.
Andy Serkis’ age is around 56, as Andy Serkis was born on the 20th April, 1964 in Ruislip Manor, West London. Andy Serkis’ height is around 5 ft 8 inches (173 cm). Andy Serkis’ weight is around 80 kg (176 lbs). Andy Serkis’ passion is acting and Andy Serkis also loves producing and directing movies.
Andy Serkis’s father was Clement Serkis, who worked as a Gynecologist by profession. Andy Serkis’s mother was Lylie Weech Serkis, who was a special education teacher for the disabled. Andy Serkis was the 3rd out of 5 children to his parents. However, we currently do not have details about Andy Serkis’ brothers and sisters. Andy Serkis’ relationship status is married. Andy Serkis’ wife is Lorraine Ashbourne, a renowned British movie and TV actress with whom he has been married to since July of 2002. Andy Serkis and his wife have 3 children. Andy Serkis’ children include Andy Serkis’ daughter Ruby Ashbourne Serkis and Andy Serkis’ sons Sonny Ashbourne Serkis and Louis Ashbourne Serkis, who is an actor.
Andy Serkis’ immense talent has also made him a very successful actor, movie producer and film director. Andy Serkis’s net worth is estimated around INR 192 crores (USD 27 Million).
Andy Serkis’ success as an actor can be guessed easily from the numerous awards Andy Serkis has won till date. The list of Andy Serkis’ award-wins include winning the:
- Empire Award for Best British Actor for his role in ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’ (2004)
- Empire Awards’ Inspiration Award for his acting in ‘Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll’ (2010)
- MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Duo (shared with co-stars Elijah Wood and Sean Astin) for the performance in ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers’ (2003)
- MTV Movie Award for Best Virtual Performance for ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers’ (2003)
- Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor for ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers’ (2002)
- Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor for ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’ (2011)
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’ (2003)
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for ‘Black Panther’ (2018)
- Evening Standard British Film Award for Best Actor for ‘Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll’ (2009)
- Washington D. C. Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Motion Capture Performance for ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ (2017)
- San Francisco Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor for ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ (2017)
Besides winning 15 awards Andy Serkis has also had 28 award nominations in his career as an actor.
Interesting Facts About Andy Serkis
- Andy Serkis owns one of the props used for the infamous rings in The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.
- Andy Serkis’ siblings include a brother and three sisters.
- Andy Serkiss performance as King Kong in the 2005 remake was popular worldwide and inspired him to take on similar roles.
- Andy Serkis is an established film producer and co-owns ‘The Imaginarium” production company, along with his partner Jonathan Cavendish.
- Andy Serkis was inspired for the unique voice for Gollum/Smeagol from the sounds his cats made when coughing up a fur ball.