Mark Hamill is a superstar actor from the Hollywood movie industry. Mark Hamill is globally popular for playing Luke Skywalker in the earliest Star Wars movie series.
Mark Hamill is also a highly talented voice actor and is popular for giving his voice for the Joker in the super-hit ‘Batman: The Animated Series’ (1992). Mark Hamill is a renowned stage actor as well. Mark Hamill has won numerous awards and honors for his excellent acting skills and contribution to cinema.
About Mark Hamill
|Real Name||Mark Richard Hamill|
|Date of Birth||25th September 1951|
|Place of Birth||Oakland (California)|
|Education||Graduated with a Major in Drama from Los Angeles City College (Los Angeles, California)|
|Height||5 ft 9"
(175 cm) approximately
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Family & Relationships
|Father||Captain William Thomas Hamill
|Net Worth||INR 128,00,00,000
(USD 18 Million)
|Famous for||MOVIES -
Star Wars (1977), The Empire Strikes Back (1980), Return of the Jedi (1983), Fall of the Eagles (1989), Midnight Ride (1990), Black Magic Woman (1991), Body Bags (1993), The Raffle (1994), Village of the Damned (1995), Hamilton (1998), Wing Commander (1999), Thank You, Good Night (2001), Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014), Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017), Con Man (2018)
Headmaster - "The Experiment" (1970), The Partridge Family - "Old Scrapmouth" (1971), The F. B. I. - "The Corruptor" (1972), General Hospital (1972-1973), Owen Marshall: Counselor at Law (1972-1973), The New Scooby-Doo Movies (1973-1974), The Magician - "Lightning on a Dry Day" (1973), Room 222 (1973), Jeannie (1973), The Texas Wheelers (1974-1975), Eric (1975), The Streets of San Francisco (1975-1977), Petrocelli (1975), The City (1977), Star Wars Holiday Special (1978), Earth Angel (1991), The Flash (1991), Batman: The Animated Series (1992-1994), The Little Mermaid (1993), SWAT Kats: Radical Squadron (1993-1994), Phantom 2040 (1994-1995), Red Planet (1994), Spider-Man (1995-1998), Fantastic Four (1995-1996), The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest (1996-1997), The Incredible Hulk (1996-1997), Wing Commander Academy (1996), Johnny Bravo (1997-2001), The New Batman Adventures (1997-1999), Superman: The Animated Series (1997), The New Woody Woodpecker Show (1999-2002), The Night of the Headless Horseman (1999), Justice League (2002-2003), Robot Chicken (2005-2012), Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005-2008), Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2010), The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (2010), Ultimate Spider-Man (2012-2016) Criminal Minds (2013), Transformers: Rescue Bots (2014-2016), Ben 10: Omniverse (2014), The Flash (2015-2016), Justice League Action (2016-2018), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2017), Avengers Assemble (2017), Star Wars: Forces of Destiny (2018), Transformers: Power of the Primes (2018)
The Elephant Man (1981), Amadeus (1983), Harrigan 'N Hart (1985), Room Service (1986), The Nerd (1987-1988), Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks (2003)
|First Movie||Star Wars (1977)|
|Favorite Actors||Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy|
|Hobbies||Loves watching TV shows, acting and has a passion for chemistry|
Mark Hamill became globally popular in the 1970s when he portrayed Luke Skywalker in the first Star Wars movie. Mark Hamill is also an incredibly talented voice actor. Mark Hamill has voiced numerous popular characters in animated movies and cartoon series in the American television industry. Mark Hamill’s voice is most popular for the animated Joker in The Batman: The Animated Series. Mark Hamill is also a successful stage artist who was popular in the 1980s.
Mark Hamill’s age is around 70, as Mark Hamill was born on 25th of September, 1951 in Oakland, California. Mark Hamill’s height is around 5 ft 9 inches (175 cm) while Mark Hamill’s weight is around 80 kg (175 lbs). Mark Hamill’s hobby include watching popular TV shows. Mark Hamill’s passion includes acting and chemistry.
Mark Hamill’s father was Captain William Thomas Hamill, who was in the US Navy. Mark Hamill’s mother was Virginia Suzanne, a homemaker. Mark Hamill was the 3rd out of 7 children to his parents. Mark Hamill’s older brothers include William Hamill and Patrick Hamill. Mark Hamill’s younger sisters include Terry Johnson, Jan Griffith, Jeannie Williamson and Kim Smith. Mark Hamill’s wife is Marilou York, who is a dental hygienist by profession. Mark Hamill and his wife Marilou York have been successfully married since December of 1978. Mark Hamill and his wife Marilou York have 3 children together. Mark Hamill’s children include Mark Hamill’s sons Nathan Hamill and Griffin Hamill as well as Mark Hamill’s daughter Chelsea Elizabeth.
Thanks to his long and successful career as an actor and voice artist in Hollywood and American television industry, Mark Hamill’s net worth is estimated around INR 128 crores (USD 18 Million).
Mark Hamill’s success as an actor can be guessed from the numerous prestigious acting awards he has won. Mark Hamill’s award-wins include:
- 2 Saturn Awards – Saturn Award for Best Actor for ‘Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back’ (1981) and Saturn Award for Best Actor for ‘Star Wars: Return of the Jedi’ (1984)
- 1 DVD Exclusive Award for Best Animated Character Performance for ‘Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker’ (2006)
- 1 Interactive Achievement Award for Outstanding Achievement in Character Performance for his voice in ‘Batman: Arkham Asylum’ (2010)
- 1 NAVGTR Award for Best Supporting Performance in a Drama for his voice in ‘Batman: Arkham Asylum’ (2010)
- 1 British Academy Game Award for Best Performer for ‘Batman: Arkham City’ (2012)
- 1 NAVGTR Award for Best Supporting Performance in a Drama for his voice in ‘Batman: Arkham Knight’ (2016)
- 1 Disney Legends Award for Film for his legendary main role in ‘Star Wars’ in 2017
- 1 Saturn Award for Best Actor for his performance in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ (2018)
Apart from these acting awards, Mark Hamill has also been honored with his Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2018.
Interesting Facts About Mark Hamill
- Mark Hamill remains globally popular for playing Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars movie franchise all over the world.
- Mark Hamill is also passionate about chemistry and was awarded an affiliate membership by the Royal Society of Chemistry, UK in 2017.
- Mark Hamill’s voice of the Joker in the DC animated series and Mark Hamill’s voice of Trickster in the Marvel animated series are among the most popular animated comic book characters.
- Mark Hamill has lent his voice to an incredible number of animated characters in the American TV industry till date.
- Mark Hamill is naturally left-handed but had to learn to shoot a pistol and wield a lightsaber in Star Wars with his right hand.