Anil Kapoor is one of the most popular actors of Bollywood. Renowned for his versatile roles in movies and Indian and international movies and TV series, Anil Kapoor has worked as an actor for more than 40 years.
Anil Kapoor has also been a producer since 2005, and has won several awards for his acting skills till date. Anil Kapoor is also one of the first mainstream Bollywood star to have made debuts in other Indian cinema industries, including the Telugu and Kannada films.
Anil Kapoor’s first international movie, ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ was one of the highest-grossing and Academy Award-winning movies. Apart from this, Anil Kapoor has also revived the US TV series ’24’ for Indian audiences, which has won him great reviews at the international level.
Anil Kapoor is one of the most recognizable and popular Indian actors on a global scale.
About Anil Kapoor
|Real Name||Anil Kapoor|
|Nickname ||Lakhan, Mr. India|
|Date of Birth||24th December 1956|
|Age (as in July 2018)||62 years|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai|
|Education||St. Xavier's College,
|Height||5 ft 10"
(178 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Father||Late Surinder Kapoor
|Wife||Sunita Bhambhani Kapoor
|Income (Annual)||INR 6,80,00,000
(USD 1 Million)
|Famous for||Tezaab (1989), Beta (1993), Virasat (1998), Taal, Biwi No. 1 (2000), Pukaar (2001), No Entry (2006), Welcome (2008), Slumdog Millionaire (2009) and Mubarakan (2018)|
|First Movie||Woh Saat Din (1983)|
|Net Worth (2018)||INR 120,00,00,000 (USD 18 Million )
Likes & Dislikes
|Favorite Food||Grilled Chicken/Fish, Brinjal with mooli ka paratha and Gujarati Thali|
|Favorite Actors||Raj Kapoor and Charlie Chaplin|
|Favorite Actresses||Sridevi, Rekha and Katrina Kaif|
|Hobbies||Working out, painting and traveling|
Anil Kapoor is renowned for his unique ‘Bambaiya’ style of conversing. Apart from this, Anil Kapoor is equally good in comic, dramatic or action roles, as witnessed in his movies, and TV series.
Anil Kapoor’s age is 62 years, as he was born on 24th of December 1966 in Mumbai. Anil Kapoor’s height is around 5 ft 10 inches (178 cm) while Anil Kapoor’s weight is 70 kg (154 lbs). Anil Kapoor was born to late Surinder Kapoor, a Bollywood film producer, and Nirmal Kapoor. He is the 2nd in 4 children, and Anil Kapoor’s siblings include elder brother, Boney Kapoor, popular film producer, and younger brother, Sanjay Kapoor, an actor, apart from his younger sister, Reena Kapoor. Anil Kapoor’s daughter, Sonam Kapoor, is one of the most popular young actresses in Bollywood today.
Although, today Anil Kapoor’s wife is Sunita Bhambhani Kapoor, a costume designer, Anil Kapoor had two girlfriends prior. In his younger days, Anil Kapoor was rumored to be in relationships with two co-actresses, Madhuri Dixit and Kimi Katkar.
Anil Kapoor’s hobbies include working out or painting when at home, and he often travels to new places, whenever his schedule allows it.
Anil Kapoor’s 4 decade-long career as an actor and more than 10 years as film producer ha enabled him to boost his commercial success significantly. Today, Anil Kapoor’s annual income is said to be around INR 7 crores (USD 1 Million) while Anil Kapoor’s net worth is estimated to be around INR 120 crores (USD 18 Million).
Talking about his success as an actor, Anil Kapoor has won over 25 awards for his impressive and versatile acting skills.
The list of Anil Kapoor’s awards include the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for his role in ‘Mashaal’ (1985), Filmfare Best Actor Award for ‘Tezaab’ (1989), Filmfare Best Actor Award for ‘Beta’ (1993), the Filmfare Critics’ Award for Best Actor and the Screen Awards’ Best Actor award for his lead role in ‘Virasat’ (1998).
Anil Kapoor later won the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Best Comedian Award for ‘Biwi No. 1’ (2000). Apart from winning the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor award, Anil Kapoor also won the IIFA Best Supporting Actor award, the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Male and the Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor, all for his role in the movie ‘Taal’ (2000).
The beginning of the millennium garnered even more success and awards for his movies, as Anil Kapoor won the National Film Award for Best Actor and the Bollywood Movie Award for Most Sensational Actor, and the Sansui Award for Best Actor (Jury) for his movie ‘Pukaar’ (2001). For his international debut, Anil Kapoor won the Screen Actors Guild Awards’ Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture award for his role in the super-hit ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ (2009). The same year, Anil Kapoor won the Stardust Best Actor in a Negative Role Award for his impressive performance in the multi-starrer action thriller, ‘Tashan’ (2009).
Recently, Anil Kapoor won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award, the IIFA Best Supporting Actor Award, the Stardust Award for Best Supporting Actor as well as the Times of India Film Awards’ Best Supporting Actor – Male award for his amazing performance in the movie ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ (2016).
Anil Kapoor also won the Zee Cine Awards’ Best Supporting Actor – Male award for the movie ‘Mubarakan’ (2018).
Interesting Facts About Anil Kapoor
- Anil Kapoor used to smoke, however, he has quit the habit now. Although Anil Kapoor does drink alcohol.
- Anil Kapoor used to live with his family initially in Raj Kapoor’s garage in Mumbai, and Anil Kapoor often had to work there to support his family.
- His debut character of Prem Pratap Singh in ‘Wo Saat Din’ (1983), became a sensation and was a household name by then.
- After his impressive performance in ‘Mashaal’ with legendary actor Dilip Kumar, Anil Kapoor’s luck changed dramatically and he was offered two movies on the premiere of ‘Mashaal’ – ‘Meri Jung’ and ‘Jaanbaaz’.
- This was the same night that Anil Kapoor proposed to his then-girlfriend, Sunita Bhambhani, to marry him.
- Anil Kapoor’s lead role in the movie ‘Meri Jung’ is considered to be the turning point where he was recognized as a serious actor.
- Although Amitabh Bachchan was the director’s first choice, Anil Kapoor landed the role of Mr. India and became a national sensation overnight.
- Anil Kapoor is often caricatured for his favorite quote – “Jhakaas!’
- Anil Kapoor’s most memorable scenes include the fight in the mud in the movie ‘Nayak – The Real Hero’, for which he worked out to get in shape for over 7 months.
- Anil Kapoor considers his healthy eating habits and positive attitude as being the greatest contributors to his fit physique and young looks.