Joel Edgerton is a talented young Australian actor who has appeared in several renowned movies.
Joel Edgerton is not only a talented actor but Joel Edgerton is also an accomplished writer, director and film producer. Joel Edgerton has appeared in several prominent roles, one of them as a young Owen Lars, the uncle of Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars trilogy movies. Joel Edgerton is also the director and producer of several super hit and critically-acclaimed movies till date.
Joel Edgerton has earned numerous awards and innumerable award nominations in his acting career till now.
About Joel Edgerton
|Real Name||Joel Edgerton|
|Date of Birth||23rd June 1974|
|Place of Birth||Blacktown (New South Wales, Australia)|
|Education||Graduated from Napean Drama School of University of Western Sydney (Sydney, Australia)|
|Height||5 ft 11"|
(180 cm) approximately
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Family & Relationships
|Mother||Marianne Margarethe van Dort Edgerton|
|Brother||Nash Edgerton (Older)|
(Editor at Vogue magazine)
|Profession||Actor/Writer/Filmmaker/Movie Director/Film Producer|
|Net Worth||INR 21,00,00,000|
(USD 3 Million)
|Famous for||MOVIES -|
Race the Sun (1996), Praise (1998), Dogwatch (1999), Sample People (2000), Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002), Ned Kelly (2003), King Arthur (2004), Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005), Smokin' Aces (2006), Whisper (2007), The Square (also Writer/Executive Producer-2008), The Waiting City (2009), Animal Kingdom (2010), Warrior (2011), Wish You Were Here, Zero Dark Thirty (2012), The Great Gatsby (2013), Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014), The Gift (also Writer/Director/Producer), Jane Got a Gun (also Writer-2015), Midnight Special (2016), It Comes at Night (also Executive Producer-2017), Red Sparrow (2018)
Police Rescue - "Wild Card" (1995), Spellbinder (1995-1997), Water Rats (1996-1999), Big Sky - "Lost and Found" (1997), Fallen Angels - "The Faust Lane" (1997), Secret Men's Business (1999), The Three Stooges (2000), The Secret Life of Us (2001-2002), Dossa and Joe (2002), Dangerous (2007), Dirt Game (2009)
Blackrock (1995), Dead White Males (1996), Third World Blues (1997), Henry IV (1998), Love for Love (1998), Henry V (1999), The Pillowman (2007), A Streetcar Named Desire (2009)
|First Movie||Race the Sun (1996)|
|Favorite Actors||Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Ben Mendelsohn, Gary Oldman and Gene Hackman|
Joel Edgerton is a highly talented artist who has become a popular actor. Joel Edgerton is a successful writer, film producer and movie director with several short and feature films under his belt. Joel Edgerton is most recognized for his sharp cheekbones as well as his bright blue eyes. Joel Edgerton’s performances in numerous movies and TV series have earned Joel Edgerton several awards and numerous award nominations till date.
Joel Edgerton’s age is around 46 years, as Joel Edgerton was born on the 23rd of June, 1974 in Blacktown, New South Wales in Australia. Joel Edgerton’s height is around 5 ft 11 inches (180 cm). Joel Edgerton’s weight is around 75 kg (165 lbs). Joel Edgerton hobby and passion is acting.
Joel Edgerton’s father is Michael Edgerton, who is a solicitor by profession and works as a property dealer too. Joel Edgerton’s mother is Marianne Margarethe von Dort Edgerton, who is a homemaker. Joel Edgerton is the youngest of two children to his parents. Although Joel Edgerton does not have any sisters, Joel Edgerton’s older brother is Nash Edgerton, who is a stuntman and movie director too. Joel Edgerton’s relationship status is currently unmarried. Joel Edgerton’s girlfriend is Christine Centenera, who is an editor at Vogue magazine.
Thanks to his impressive acting skills and accomplishments as a filmmaker, Joel Edgerton’s net worth is estimated around INR 21 crores (USD 3 Million).
Talking about Joel Edgerton’s recognition as a talented young actor and filmmaker, Joel Edgerton is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards and has earned numerous award nominations also.
The list of Joel Edgerton’s award-wins include winning the:
- Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) Award for Best Leading Actor in a Television Drama for his role in ‘The Secret Life of Us’ (2002)
- Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for Best Original Screenplay (shared with Matthew Dabner) for writing ‘The Square’ (2009)
- Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his performance in ‘Animal Kingdom’ (2010)
- Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in ‘Animal Kingdom’ (2011)
- Australian Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor for his role in ‘Wish You Were Here’ (2013)
- Film Critics Circle of Australian Award for Best Actor for his role in ‘Wish You Were Here’ (2013)
- Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) International Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his performance in ‘The Great Gatsby’ (2014)
- Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in ‘The Great Gatsby’ (2014)
- Hollywood Film Award for Breakthrough Actor for his role in ‘Black Mass’ (2015)
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival’s Virtuoso Award for his performance in ‘Black Mass’ (2016)
Apart from having won these 10 prestigious awards Joel Edgerton has also had around 38 award nominations in his career as well.
Interesting Facts About Joel Edgerton
- Joel Edgerton founded the ‘Blue-Tongue Films’ production company.
- Joel Edgerton often collaborates with his older brother Nash for directorial ventures in the Australian movie industry.
- Joel Edgerton’s short film ‘Monkeys’ (2011) was voted for the Final Cut, a popular Australian short film event in 2012.
- Joel Edgerton’s ex-girlfriend is Cathy Freeman, the Australian Olympic gold medalist for a couple of years, from 2003 to 2005.
- Joel Edgerton played the Orc cop in ‘Bright’ (2017) which starred Will Smith in the lead role.