Ewan McGregor is a talented Scottish actor who is a superstar in the Hollywood movie industry.
Ewan McGregor is renowned for portraying Jedi Master ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ in the earlier Star Wars movies. Ewan McGregor is also an accomplished director too.
Ewan McGregor has played several immensely popular roles in movies from varying genre, including independent dramas, musicals and sci-fi movies as well. Ewan McGregor has won several prominent awards for his impressive acting skills and earned numerous other award nominations too.
About Ewan McGregor
|Real Name||Ewan Gordon McGregor|
|Date of Birth||31st March 1971|
|Place of Birth||Perth (Scotland)|
|Education||Studied Drama from Guildhall School of Music and Drama (London, UK)|
|Height||5 ft 9"
(177 cm) approximately
Family & Relationships
|Father||James Charles Stewart "Jim" McGregor
(Physical Ed Teacher/Careers Master)
|Mother||Carol Diane Lawson McGregor
|Brother||Colin James McGregor (Older)
(Royal Air Force Pilot)
|Girlfriend||Mary Elizabeth Winstead
|Net Worth||INR 319,00,00,000
(USD 45 Million)
|Famous for||MOVIES -
Being Human, Shallow Grave (1994), Blue Juice (1995), Trainspotting (1996), A Life Less Ordinary (1997), Little Voice (1998), Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999), Nora (2000), Moulin Rouge!, Black Hawk Down (2001), Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002), Young Adam (2003), Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, The Island (2005), Stormbreaker, Miss Potter (2006), Cassandra's Dream (2007), Deception (2008), Angels and Demons, The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009), The Ghost Writer, Beginners (2010), Perfect Sense (2011), The Impossible (2012), Jack the Giant Slayer (2013), Son of a Gun (2014), Mortdecai, Last Days in the Desert Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), Jane Got a Gun, Our Kind of Traitor, American Pastoral (2016), Beauty and the Beast (2017), Zoe, Christopher Robin (2018)
Lipstick on Your Collar (1993), Scarlet and Black (1993), Kavannagh QC - "Nothing But the Truth" (1995), Tales from the Crypt - "Cold War" (1996), ER - "The Long Way Around" (1997), Doll and Em (2015), Fargo (2017)
Little Malcolm and His Struggle Against the Eunuchs (1998), Guys and Dolls (2005), Othello (2007), The Real Thing (2014)
|First Movie||Being Human (1994)|
|Hobbies||Loves watching soccer and Australian rules football, playing chess, playing guitar, writing songs, riding motorcycles and acting|
Ewan McGregor is most recognized for red hair and blue eyes which sparkle with his typical mischievous smile and distinct Scottish accent. Ewan McGregor started his career in the mid-1990s in the British television industry before making his movie debut in 1994. Ewan McGregor has portrayed a wide range of characters in movies from different genres impressively. Apart from being a talented actor and director, Ewan McGregor is also a skilled guitar player and competent songwriter as well.
Ewan McGregor’s age is around 50 years, as Ewan McGregor was born on the 31st March, 1971 in Perth, Scotland. Ewan McGregor’s height is around 5 ft 9 inches (177 cm). Ewan McGregor’s weight is around 80 kg (176 lbs). Ewan McGregor’s hobbies include watching soccer and Australian-rules football, playing chess, playing the guitar and writing songs in his spare time. Ewan McGregor’s passion is acting.
Ewan McGregor’s father is James Charles Stewart “Jim” McGregor, a retired physical education teacher and careers master from the Morrison’s Academy in Crieff. Ewan McGregor’s mother is Carol Diane Lawson McGregor, who is also a retired teacher and assistant head mistress from Crieff High School. Ewan McGregor is the 2nd out of 2 children to his parents. Although Ewan McGregor does not have any sisters, Ewan McGregor’s older brother is Colin James McGregor, who is a pilot in the Royal Air Force. Ewan McGregor’s relationship status is divorced. Ewan McGregor’s ex-wife is Greek-French production designer Eve Mavrakis, with whom he was married from 1995 to their divorce in 2018. Ewan McGregor and his ex-wife have 2 children from their marriage and 2 adopted children as well. Ewan McGregor’s children include daughters Clara Mathilde McGregor and Esther Rose McGregor as well as Anouk McGregor and Jamyan McGregor. Ewan McGregor’s girlfriend is American actress and singer Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
Thanks to his excellent acting skills Ewan McGregor has become a truly successful actor in the Hollywood movie industry. Ewan McGregor’s net worth is estimated around INR 319 crores (USD 45 Million).
Ewan McGregor’s popularity and recognition for his talent is immense worldwide. The list of Ewan McGregor’s award-wins include winning the:
- Golden Globe Award for Best Lead Actor in a Limited Series or a Motion Picture made for Television for his impressive acting in ‘Fargo’ (2018)
- MTV Movie Award for Best Dance Sequence (shared with co-star Nicole Kidman) for his role in ‘Moulin Rouge!’ (2002)
- Critics Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Movie Made for Television or Limited Series for his role in ‘Fargo’ (2018)
- Nevada Film Critics Society Award for Best Ensemble Cast for his role in ‘August: Osage County’ (2013)
- 2 Online Film and Television Awards for Best Music for ‘Moulin Rouge!’ (2002)
- St. Louis Film Critics Association Award for Special Merit for ‘Lo Impossible’ (2012)
- 2 Hollywood Film Festival Awards – Actor of the Year Award for his role in ‘Moulin Rouge!’ (2001) and ‘Black Hawk Down’ (2001) and Ensemble of the Year Award for ‘August: Osage County’ (2013)
- San Sebastian International Film Festival’s 2012 Donostia Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2 BAFTA Awards – British Academy of Film and Television Arts Award for Best Actor – Film for his role in ‘Trainspotting’ (1997) and British Academy of Film and Television Arts Award for Best Actor in a Scottish Film for his role in ‘Young Adam’ (2004)
- British Academy of Films and Television Arts (BAFTA)/LA Britannia Awards’ 2016 Humanitarian Award
- British Independent Awards’ 2002 Variety Award
- 5 Empire Awards for Best British Actor – for his roles in ‘Shallow Grave’ (1996), ‘Trainspotting’ (1997), ‘A Life Less Ordinary’ (1998), ‘Moulin Rouge!’ (2002) and Empire Awards’ 2008 Icon Award
- 2 European Film Awards – the Outstanding European Achievement in World Cinema for his role in ‘Moulin Rouge!’ (2001) and European Actor Award for his role in ‘The Ghost Writer’ (2012)
- Golden Camera Award for Best International Actor for his roles in ‘American Pastoral’ (2018), ‘T2 Trainspotting’ (2018) and ‘Beauty and the Beast’ (2018)
- London Critics Circle Film Award for British Actor of the Year for his role in ‘Moulin Rouge!’ (2002)
- Satellite Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy for his role in ‘Moulin Rouge!’ (2002)
Apart from winning these 24 awards, Ewan McGregor has also been honored with:
- Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et Lettres (Knight of the Order of the Arts and Letters) by the French Government in 2010
- OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in 2013 New Years Honors
In addition to winning these prestigious awards and honors, Ewan McGregor has also had over 45 award nominations to his credit as well.
Interesting Facts About Ewan McGregor
- Ewan McGregor was inspired by his uncle, veteran Scottish actor Denis Lawson, who also played a role in the earliest Star Wars movie.
- Ewan McGregor is close friends with actors Jude Law, Naveen Andrews and Charley Boorman.
- Ewan McGregor is passionate about motorcycle rides and along with actor and friend Charley Boorman and cameraman Claudio von Planta, he completed a 36,000 km-trip traveling from London to New York, going through Central Europe, Mongolia, Russia and Canada.
- Ewan McGregor has been ranked among the top actors of the world by numerous publications and media houses till date.
- Ewan McGregor is very strict about keeping his personal life in wraps and dislikes the unwanted media attention his children get for his celebrity status.