Cillian Murphy is a popular actor from the Hollywood movie industry and is renowned to play negative, quiet and often sadistic anti-protagonist in several super hit movies.
Cillian Murphy had dreams of studying law but started a career as a rock musician initially. However he turned down a record deal when his passion for acting started and began appearing in movies from the Independent film industry in Ireland, in the early 1990s, as well as short films.
Cillian Murphy is frequently seen in movies by Hollywood director Christopher Nolan and is the only actor to have appeared as a villain in 3 of the director’s movies.
About Cillian Murphy
|Real Name||Cillian Murphy|
|Date of Birth||25th May 1976|
|Age (as of November 2018)||42 years|
|Place of Birth||Douglas, County Cork (Ireland)|
|Education||Graduated from Presentation Brothers College (Cork, Ireland)|
|Height||5 ft 9"
(175 cm) approximately
|Eye Color||Light Blue|
Family & Relationships
(Employee of Irish Department of Education)
|Brother||Paidi Murphy (Younger)
|Net Worth||INR 115,00,00,000
(USD 16 Million)
|Famous for||Quando (1997), The Tale of Sweety Barrett (1998), Sunburn (1999), A Man of Few Words (2000), Disco Pigs (2001), 28 Days Later (2002), Intermission, Cold Mountain (2003), Batman Begins, Red Eye (2005), The Wind That Shakes the Barley (2006), Watching the Detectives (2007), The Edge of Love (2008), Perrier's Bounty (2009), Peacock, Inception (2010), Retreat, In Time (2011), Red Lights, Broken (2012), Aloft, Transcendence (2014), In the Heart of the Sea (2015), Anthropoid, Free Fire (2016), The Party, Dunkirk (2017), The Delinquent Season (2018)|
|First Movie||Quando (1997)|
|Favorite Actor||Liam Neeson|
|Hobbies||Watching Doctor Who and playing video games|
Cillian Murphy is most recognized for his attractive, yet menacing undertone, which he portrays brilliantly through his roles as the anti-protagonist, in several popular movies from the Hollywood film industry and the Irish movie industry.
Cillian Murphy’s age is around 42 years as Cillian Murphy was born on the 25th of May, 1976 in Douglas, Count Cork (Ireland). Cillian Murphy’s height is around 5 ft 9 inches (175 cm) while Cillian Murphy’s weight is around 70 kg (155 lbs). In his spare time, Cillian Murphy loves to play video games and is also a huge fan of the Doctor Who series on TV, as part of his hobbies.
Cillian Murphy’s father is Brendan Murphy, a school inspector under the Irish Department of Education, while Cillian Murphy’s mother is Jane Murphy, a French teacher by profession. Cillian Murphy is the elder among 4 children. Cillian Murphy’s younger brother is Paidi Murphy, a musician, while Cillian Murphy’s younger sisters include Sile Murphy and Orla Murphy. Cillian Murphy’s wife is Irish model, Yvonne McGuinness, whom he is married to since 2004. Cillian Murphy and his wife Yvonne McGuinnes have two lovely sons – Malachy Murphy and Aran Murphy.
Thanks to his immense success as a talented actor in the American and Irish movie industries, Cillian Murphy’s net worth currently is estimated around INR 115 crores (USD 16 Million).
As for his impressive acting skills, Cillian Murphy has won several acting awards and has had numerous award nominations to his credit till date.
Cillian Murphy is the winner of the Ourense Independent Film Festival Award for Best Actor for his impressive role in ‘Disco Pigs’ (2002), the GQ UK Awards’ Actor of the Year award for his performance in ‘The Wind That Shakes the Barley’ (2006), the Irish Film and Television Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role – Film for his role in ‘Breakfast on Pluto’ (2007), the Irish Times Theater Award for Best Actor and the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding One-Person Show for his excellent acting in ‘Misterman’ (2012) as well as winner of the Irish Film & Television Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role in Drama for his performance in ‘Peaky Blinders’ (2018).
Apart from having won 6 acting awards for his impressive acting talent, Cillian Murphy has also had around 24 award nominations as well.
Interesting Facts About Cillian Murphy
- Cillian Murphy does not smoke however Cillian Murphy does drink alcohol.
- Cillian Murphy is most recognized for his bright blue eyes and strong jawline.
- Cillian Murphy was an aspiring rock musician who, along with his younger brother Paidi, played in the band titled ‘Sons of Mr. Greengenes’, which was inspired by Frank Zappa.
- Cillian Murphy actually went to audition for the role of Batman in Christopher Nolan’s ‘Batman Begins’ (2005). Although the lead role went to Christian Bale, the director was so impressed with Cillian Murphy’s acting skills that he decided to cast him as Batman’s main villain in the movie, Scarecrow.
- Cillian Murphy has had 6 Irish Film & Television Award nominations, the most by any other Irish actor.
- Cillian Murphy is not only fluent in English but can easily converse in Gaelic, Irish and even French.
- Cillian Murphy does not believe in the concept of celebrity and is noted for not having a personal publicity manager or stylist and travels alone, without any entourage, in contrast with other big stars from the movie industry.