Kedarnath Bhattacharya aka Kumar Sanu is a singer from India. He was born on 23rd September 1957 at Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
His father’s name is Pashupati Bhattacharya. He was a vocalist and composer. Kumar Sanu has a brother. His name is Tapan Bhattacharya. He is also a singer in Bollywood.
Kumar Sanu is married two times. His first wife’s name is Rita (Divorced in 1994). His second wife’s name is Saloni Sanu. Kumar Sanu has two daughters and one son. They are Anna, Shannon, and Jaan. They all are singers. Check out the table below to get complete information on Kumar Sanu.
About Kumar Sanu
Kumar Sanu’s height is 5 feet 11 inches and his weight is 84 Kg. His age is 62 Years. It is not known if Kumar Sanu smokes or drinks alcohol.
Kumar Sanu is a master in singing Thumri, Khayal and Bhajans. He has sung many romantic songs. Some of his songs are:
- Pardesi Pardesi (1996)
- Dil Kya Kare (1999)
- Tum Dil Ki (2000)
- Chahaton Ka Silsila (2005)
- Chammak Challo Chhail Chhabili (2012)
Kumar Sanu’s name has been recorded in the “Guinness Book of World Records” for recording 28 songs in a day. Many more awards have been won by Kumar Sanu for his legendary songs. Some of his awards are:
- Bollywood Music Award For “Best Artist of the Decade” (2003)
- Padma Shri honor by The Government of India (2009)
- Mahanayak Samman Lifetime Achievement: as Bengali Playback Singer by West Bengal Government (2014)
- Filmfare Awards for five times. (1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994)
- Kala Vedika Awards – “Pride Of India Award”, for Promoting Indian Culture Through Indian Music (2014)
- 8th position on “Google most searched Indian singers in last 10 years” (2016)