Samuel L. Jackson is one of the most prolific and talented veteran actors in the Hollywood film industry. Apart from being a renowned actor, Samuel L. Jackson is also a successful film producer as well.
Samuel L. Jackson has appeared in over 100 movies, and is most recognized for playing tough and violent characters on screen, typically with a few swear words written in his dialogues. Prior to starting as an actor in movies, Samuel L. Jackson worked in theater which he discovered while in college and had plans to become a marine biologist. After a few roles in theater and later on TV, Samuel L. Jackson finally got his big break at the age of 43 years and yet became the highest-grossing actor in the history of American cinema.
Samuel L. Jackson is also recognized for his distinctly thick and commanding voice which is a frequent hit for voice over roles in several super hit animated movies in Hollywood. Samuel L. Jackson holds the distinction of being the Hollywood actor whose total film gross is more than the rest.
About Samuel L. Jackson[table “289” could not be loaded /]
Samuel L. Jackson is not only one of the most talented actors in the Hollywood film industry but has the distinction of having starred in the most commercially super hit movies in the American movie industry.
Samuel L. Jackson’s age is around 70 years as Samuel L. Jackson was born on the 21st of December, 1948 in Washington D. C. Samuel L. Jackson’s height is around 6 ft 2 inches (189 cm) while Samuel L. Jackson’s weight is around 80 kg (176 lbs). In his spare time, and even while on set shooting for a movies, Samuel L. Jackson loves to play golf, and states it as his only hobby.
Samuel L. Jackson’s father was Roy Henry Jackson, who worked in a factory and other odd jobs, while Samuel L. Jackson’s mother was Elizabeth Montgomery Jackson, also a factory worker and who later worked as a supplies manager at a mental hospital. Samuel L. Jackson was the only child and had no other siblings. Samuel L. Jackson’s wife is actress and producer of a sports channel, LaTanya Richardson, whom he is married to since 1980. Samuel L. Jackson and his wife LaTanya Richardson have a daughter, Zoe Jackson.
Owing to his propensity for starring in huge commercially successful movies and with a career spanning over 25 years, Samuel L. Jackson’s net worth is estimated to be around INR 1614 crores (USD 220 Million).
As for his success and recognition as a talented movie actor in the Hollywood movie industry, Samuel L. Jackson has received numerous acting awards and has also had numerous award nominations as well.
Samuel L. Jackson is the recipient of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his iconic performance in ‘Pulp Fiction’ (1994), the Black Reel Award for Best Supporting Actor for his impressive performance in ‘Django Unchained’ (2013), the Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead for his role in ‘Pulp Fiction’ (1994) and the Independent Spirit Award for his role in ‘Eve’s Bayou’ (1997), the MTV Movie Award for Best WTF Moment (shared with co-star Jamie Foxx) for his role in ‘Django Unchained’ (2013), the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture for his role in ‘A Time To Kill’ (1997), the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture for his role in ‘Coach Carter’ (2006), the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture for his role in ‘Mother and Child’ (2011) and the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture for his role in ‘Django Unchained’ (2013).
Samuel L. Jackson is also the winner of the Kansas City Film Critics’ Circle Award for Best Supporting Actor and the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in ‘Jungle Fever’ (1991), the Society of Texas Film Critics Award for Best Actor for his role in ‘Pulp Fiction’ (1994) and winner of the 1997 San Diego Film Critics Society’s Body of Work Award for his movies ‘One Eight Seven’ (1997), ‘Eve’s Bayou’ (1997) and ‘Jackie Brown’ (1997).
Samuel L. Jackson also won the Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture for his performance in ‘Eve’s Bayou’ (1997), the Silver Bear for Best Actor award for his performance in ‘Jackie Brown’ (1997) and the IGN Award for Best Cameo for his short performance in ‘Iron Man’ (2008).
Besides having won these prestigious acting awards, Samuel L. Jackson has had numerous award nominations also, including 1 Academy Award nomination, 5 Black Reel Award nominations, 4 Golden Globe Award nominations, 2 Independent Spirit Award nominations, 3 MTV Movie Award nominations, 6 NAACP Image Award nominations, 1 Saturn Award nomination, 1 Screen Actors Guild Award nomination, 5 Film Critics Award nominations and 1 IGN Award nomination in his career till date.
Interesting Facts About Samuel L. Jackson
- Although Samuel L. Jackson does not smoke Samuel L. Jackson does drink alcohol.
- Samuel L. Jackson had a rough childhood as he struggled with stuttering in a household without a father. However he realized he could combat stuttering by simply pretending to be someone he knew who spoke normally, which resulted him taking up acting while enrolled at Morehouse College.
- Samuel L. Jackson is most recognized for playing tough and hotheaded characters on screen who are mostly in an authority position but prone to using intimidation and violence, best portrayed in his memorable performance as a police officer in ‘Shaft’ (2000).
- Samuel L. Jackson’s iconic role as a hit man in ‘Pulp Fiction’ (1994) is ranked among the best performances by actors worldwide.
- Samuel L. Jackson is mostly seen in movies directed by popular veteran Hollywood director, Quentin Tarantino.
- Samuel L. Jackson has also worked as a camera stand-in for the popular stand-up comedian, Bill Cosby, when filming ‘The Bill Cosby Show’ in 1994.
- Samuel L. Jackson is often mistaken for Hollywood actor Laurence Fishburn.
- Samuel L. Jackson is an avid golfer and confesses he rarely loses his temper or becomes aggressive when on the golf course, so much so that every movie’s contract has a clause in it which allows Samuel L. Jackson to play golf whenever he wants, irrespective of the movie filming location.